Do Not Buy Wedding Cakes From Wal-Mart Please Dont Ruin That Special Occasion!!!!

Decorating By ruinedthemoment Updated 22 Apr 2013 , 6:21pm by Carrie789

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:14am
post #61 of 112

A

Original message sent by Cakemommy2012

Yea it's the angle I took the pic.  They are the same yummy frozen size! 

LMAO!!! YUMMY MOIST FROZEN CAKE. ;)

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:14am
post #62 of 112

ADon't knock walmart cakes, they stay moist for 6 years!

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:33am
post #63 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugaredSaffron 

Don't knock walmart cakes, they stay moist for 6 years!

Wow! That is wonderful! I am going to buy boxes of Walmart sheet cakes, (at Sam's) and cut my cakes from them!! Do you think that is what they sell at BakeMark? I am super excited, now I just have to take all the flavors off my website, except for white, chocolate, yellow, and marble. This is going to really save some time, and my cakes will be so MOIST!

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:34am
post #64 of 112

A

Original message sent by SugaredSaffron

Don't knock walmart cakes, they stay moist for 6 years!

LMAO!!!! MOIST!!!

SugaredSaffron Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:29am
post #65 of 112

A

Original message sent by kazita

LMAO!!!! MOIST!!!

Try a slice in the microwave! You get a warm and moist slice of cake, that tastes of yellow.

HELLOsamii Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HELLOsamii Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 10:24am
post #66 of 112

AMaybe, they are actually very bitter.

SugaredSaffron Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 12:30pm
post #67 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOsamii 

Maybe, they are actually very bitter.

The cakes are bitter as well?

Jasmine33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jasmine33 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:58pm
post #68 of 112

Cakemommy2012

You did a nice job on the cakes. 

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:10pm
post #69 of 112
Quote:

Try a slice in the microwave! You get a warm and moist slice of cake, that tastes of yellow.

Nothing tastes as good as yellow feels.

Cakemommy2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:11pm
post #70 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

If I had to order a cake from a retail chain, and ended up with any one of these cakes, I would breathe a HUGE sigh of relief!

Thanks Annabakescakes! I am self taught-never took a class.  All I have learned I have learned from youtube or here! I play around and make cakes for friends and family for free to experiment with differnent styles.

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:17pm
post #71 of 112
Quote:

OooOOoOO YUM!!  MOIST cake!   *gags slightly*  =-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Wow! That is wonderful! I am going to buy boxes of Walmart sheet cakes, (at Sam's) and cut my cakes from them!! Do you think that is what they sell at BakeMark? I am super excited, now I just have to take all the flavors off my website, except for white, chocolate, yellow, and marble. This is going to really save some time, and my cakes will be so MOIST!

I think you have just found the way to save all of us home scratch bakers a ton of time and money!  We should all just buy Walmart cake so that it would be universal! Oh I think Walmart now offers Red Velvet and Confetti in sheet cake now too--so you will have tons of variety!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazita 

LMAO!!! YUMMY MOIST FROZEN CAKE. icon_wink.gif

HAHAHA I know right!  I have a rule against eating anything that has a long shelf life--just think of all the stuff they have to add into that Yuumy MOIST cake to make it stay that way for SOOO LONG!!!

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:19pm
post #72 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine33 

Cakemommy2012

You did a nice job on the cakes. 

Thank you Jasmine33!  I feel bad that customers think that Retail chain cake is their only choice so I try to make them look as good as possible!

HELLOsamii Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:24pm
post #73 of 112

AYes, very very bitter

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:32pm
post #74 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELLOsamii 

Yes, very very bitter

Really wondering what state you work in? I have had the "privilege" of eating Walmart and other Retail store cakes at various parties where they bought a last min cake filled with plastic toys and while they are not the yummiest things I have ever had to endure, they were not necessarily bitter either.  One bite I believe accelerates your cavities as they are super sweet (hence why kids LOVE them).

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:33pm
post #75 of 112

AOk so we have frozen than microwaved warm yellow can't forget MOIST , bitter cake mmmm yummy! Throw some of that store made buttercream on there to top it all off!! :D

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:37pm
post #76 of 112
Quote:

Ok so we have frozen than microwaved warm yellow can't forget MOIST , bitter cake mmmm yummy! Throw some of that store made buttercream on there to top it all off!! icon_biggrin.gif

Dont forget the plastic pieces!  All retail store cakes are required to have 50/50 cake and plastic flotsam pieces!  HAHAHA

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:45pm
post #77 of 112

AStore made? I think you mean factory made!

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:50pm
post #78 of 112

A

Dont forget the plastic pieces!  All retail store cakes are required to have 50/50 cake and plastic flotsam pieces!  HAHAHA

What in the heck are flotsam plastic pieces! Do I need to google search that? Oh my scrach my head in wondering what in the H*** are they putting in there cakes.

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:54pm
post #79 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

Store made? I think you mean factory made!

YUM!!  Icicng made in a huge factory then squirted into a large bucket, sat on a shelf for who knows how long then brought to your store "fresh"!! I once looked for the expiration on the icing and it lasted for like 5 months after I had got it.  No telling how long it was in the warehouse!  I can only imagine what they put in there---actually I dont want to have nightmares!

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:55pm
post #80 of 112

AYikes! Ok I went and looked up flotsam ( had to google search that word. ..lol ) so like GROSS floating plastic pieces in MY walmart cake!!! Must be from that darn machine breaking down in the factory where they make them.

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 5:57pm
post #81 of 112
Quote:

What in the heck are flotsam plastic pieces! Do I need to google search that? Oh my scrach my head in wondering what in the H*** are they putting in there cakes.

It's all the plastic decorations.  Plastic toy cars, plastic picks with Happy Birthday on them, Plastic flowers, anything plastic they can fit on a cake.  Check out Cakewrecks---you will find your fill in Plastic Flotsam pieces!

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:00pm
post #82 of 112
Quote:

Yikes! Ok I went and looked up flotsam ( had to google search that word. ..lol ) so like GROSS floating plastic pieces in MY walmart cake!!! Must be from that darn machine breaking down in the factory where they make them.

flot·sam

[flot-suhm] Show IPA

noun

useless or unimportant items; odds and ends.
kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:09pm
post #83 of 112

A

flot·sam

[flot-suh m] [URL=]Show IPA[/URL]

[COLOR=333333]noun[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]useless[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]or[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]unimportant[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]items;[/COLOR] [COLOR=333333]odds[/COLOR] and [COLOR=333333]ends.[/COLOR]

Throw some of that plastic happy darn birthday piece on my walmart cake PLEASE!!

Cakemommy2012 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 6:11pm
post #84 of 112
Quote:

Throw some of that plastic happy darn birthday piece on my walmart cake PLEASE!!

HAHA  They will!!!  It's not cake unless it's covered in PLASTIC! lol

HELLOsamii Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 7:12pm
post #85 of 112

A

It's all the plastic decorations.  Plastic toy cars, plastic picks with Happy Birthday on them, Plastic flowers, anything plastic they can fit on a cake.  Check out Cakewrecks---you will find your fill in Plastic Flotsam pieces!

Awh! I've been looking for that site. I forgot what it was called. Your right about plastic, and gumpaste flowers,chalkboards, butterflies....

There is one that is neither, and only one that I've found,

http://www.amazon.com/Garden-Fairy-Cake-Bakery-Craft/product-reviews/B000NA9I9G

bakediva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakediva Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 5:57pm
post #86 of 112

I'm not a cake snob. Different people have different tastes, different needs, and different budgets.

taartenmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
taartenmaker Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 10:55am
post #87 of 112

AI am sure y'all who are making fun off the Walmart cakes see them as a big concurrention. A lot of brides with a small budget prefer a big centerpiece from Walmart (and good tasting) over a tiny ''professional'' cake for the same price!

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 11:15am
post #88 of 112

AI freely admit to being a cake snob. You couldn't pay me to eat cake from Wal-Mart.

Well, I might eat a slice for a couple thou -depending upon how broke I was......

justme50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justme50 Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 11:43am
post #89 of 112

No cake snob here- I've eaten WalMart cakes and lived to tell the tale. They aren't horrid tasting and I'm quite sure the food at McDonalds or any other fast food place is just as packed with chemicals and preservatives. Good heavens, no telling what weird stuff is in pre-made fondant!

The real problem for with WalMart for me and many others I suspect, are the low prices and the expectations of customers that they can get those kinds of prices for a custom cake. Most likely, that's the bitterness you're tasting rather than the cake itself.

Not defending WalMart, I actually despise them for a number of reasons having nothing to do with cake, but there's a market for low priced cakes. Not everyone can afford $200 birthday cakes. I just wish they'd buy them at their local grocer and understand that a custom, fresh baked cake can't be bought for $15.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 20 Apr 2013 , 9:01pm
post #90 of 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by taartenmaker 

I am sure y'all who are making fun off the Walmart cakes see them as a big concurrention. A lot of brides with a small budget prefer a big centerpiece from Walmart (and good tasting) over a tiny ''professional'' cake for the same price!

I don't think they are concurrent, at all. I make fun of them for being ugly. I would be terribly disappointed in 90% of the designs, and 95% of the execution of the design. I didn't have a ton of money for a cake, so I made my own. Walmart was out of the question.

And the fact of the matter is, you cannot get a cake for that little. If you look at their wholesale prices for ingredients, and add labor, they lose money on all but the rarest cake. They use the low prices to lure in customers, who also grab the party plates, flatware, napkins, balloons, ice cream,and hot dogs* and buns. And, better grab some milk, and last minute gifts, cards and wrapping paper, and tape! That is where the money is made.

*(which I also never eat, precisely because quality meat isn't that cheap, so it is not quality. If it is not quality, it is lips and anuses, and other disgusting parts.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%