What Is Your Favorite Youtube Cake Decorating Tutorial?

Decorating By enga Updated 3 Feb 2015 , 12:50am by charlieinMO

enga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
enga Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 8:15pm
post #31 of 184

Hi again, I was looking for different things to coat a cake with besides BC before covering it with fondant and ran across these videos.  I think I might have found my favorite video personality (didn't have to wait ten years either),icon_lol.gif hint, hint.

My kids were so cruel for April Fool's day, glad it's over.  Just listened to all my voice mails, 0_o!!!

Mean while, back at the ranch.....,  I really like her method for coating all her cake with ganache to get a straight edge. It looks so smooth and creamy especially the white chocolate one.  Love. love, love her accent,lol.

So av a jolly good ol time wi these thre, they are absolutele smashing! (in a heavy accented voice) icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgrXxYLm0Sk&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imfDvvSZn5I&feature=fvwrel

meriem Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meriem Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 9:54pm
post #32 of 184

AI love Michelle too! she has a great blog where there are more free tutorials. Ganache is definetily the way to go for straight edges, the same technique can be used with buttercream also.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 3 Apr 2013 , 10:42pm
post #33 of 184

Originally Posted by remnant3333 View Post

I love serious cakes. I also love the way this person actually pipes out animals. There are a total of 4 of these videos. This is the first one. 

Wow - what do you think he is using?  It stands up straight but almost seems more like a whipped cream!  It's fascinating.  Can you imagine getting a slice of that cake - so much icing!!  Sugar rush indeed!  Apparently there's also something about the three fruits that must be 'for luck' since it's in every cake! 

Thanks for sharing all of these everyone!  I have to look at them separately in my spare time but great fun!

Theresa

enga Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 2:26am
post #34 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by meriem 

I love Michelle too! she has a great blog where there are more free tutorials. Ganache is definetily the way to go for straight edges, the same technique can be used with buttercream also.

Thanks meriem, I will check out her blog.

enga Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 2:30am
post #35 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by theresaf 

Originally Posted by remnant3333 View Post

I love serious cakes. I also love the way this person actually pipes out animals. There are a total of 4 of these videos. This is the first one. 

Wow - what do you think he is using?  It stands up straight but almost seems more like a whipped cream!  It's fascinating.  Can you imagine getting a slice of that cake - so much icing!!  Sugar rush indeed!  Apparently there's also something about the three fruits that must be 'for luck' since it's in every cake! 

Thanks for sharing all of these everyone!  I have to look at them separately in my spare time but great fun!

Theresa

You're welcome, the one of the tree cake made me very curious about woodpecker tongues icon_lol.gif

enga Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 12:49pm
post #36 of 184

Well, I have been lurking around on this site all night.  Lurking..........it sound so sinister, He he he,  just got a visual of a 1930's movie called "The Creeper"..........What you don't watch black and white movies?  Well hears on for you "The Bad Seed", that will curdle your tea for sure.

Any who, What I learned tonight while lurking, you don't argue with Aussies about their ganaches, which I have recently learned how cover cakes with and are quite lovely, people on this site very passionate about their beliefs, sometimes it's better to be quiet and listen, not to be judgmental because every thing you post is on here for life, well.......most of them. And finally, CC is to darn addictive, these posts and threads are outrageous!!!!! icon_cry.gif

With that being said, I'm off to try out this Red Velvet recipe from this little website I found while .........lurking....BWWWWWWAAAAAhaaaahhhhha ha!!! (did ya catch that nice laugh), That was my Dracula laugh..........never mind,...... (starts whistling and walks away slowly with hand hands in pockets)

http://www.acakebakesinbrooklyn.com/2010/08/best-red-velvet-cake-in-world.html

enga Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 11:33pm
post #37 of 184

I really like this website, she uses pictorials instead of tutorials.  And OMG if pictures are worth a thousand words, check out her recipe for Toll House Cookie cupcakes.  Wow!!!, I so want one right now, but the red velvet cake was good too.

http://www.acakebakesinbrooklyn.com/2012/02/toll-house-cupcakes.html

I cant take it, I thinking about running and get my chef's knife and start chopping  junks off my block of  Callebaut semisweet chocolate just to try them because that is the only chocolate I have in the house icon_razz.gif

enga Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 6:12am
post #38 of 184

I know today I was in love with all things chocolate but,

o_0.........okay

enga Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 6:32am
post #39 of 184

I know today I was in love with all things chocolate but,

thechocolateaddict on You Tube was interesting o_0

enga Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 6:48am
post #40 of 184

I guess she is selling her tutorials now and you cant link them, but if you want to see an outrageous over the top You Tube character check her out, just put thechcolateaddict in the search box on the site,lol

Not your normal chocolate decorator.

enga Posted 5 Apr 2013 , 7:14am
post #41 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by enga 

I guess she is selling her tutorials now and you cant link them, but if you want to see an outrageous over the top You Tube character check her out, just put thechcolateaddict in the search box on the site,lol

Not your normal chocolate decorator.

I guess she's not that crazy because I went to her website and her 12-14 inch 100% edible chocolate figurines start at $850.00 icon_eek.gif

enga Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 10:02am
post #42 of 184

Up early and I don't know why I have rainbows stuck in my head. I guess it's from all the pretty rainbow cakes and cup cakes I've been seeing in the gallery,lol

So here's to following them!

rainbow pops

rainbow fudge

rainbow rice crispy treats

enga Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 1:20pm
post #43 of 184

I really enjoyed reading all the different tutorials that they have on CC, now I have pounding migraine, almost feels like my fore head is going to explode.

To much reading,lol icon_wink.gifthink I have a date with a cold towel and a very dark room.

enga Posted 6 Apr 2013 , 10:35pm
post #44 of 184

I have been invited to a masquerade ball, guess what I am coming as?................DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

How to make a spider out of icing

Chocolate Spider Cake

enga Posted 7 Apr 2013 , 8:58pm
post #45 of 184

Hi CC, it seems that the powers that be, and no I am not talking about CC have a problem with anything I put on here with rainbows and unicorns even though they make me happy and I like them, they say that I am trying to be funny by bring up things in the past.

While I have used it in a positive way, it was not my intentions to make anyone feel uncomfortable.  I just noticed a lot of rainbow designed cakes in cupcakes in the gallery and they made me smile.

Rainbows have different meanings for different people.  To me it means happiness and joy from times past when life was so much simpler and worries were few.  Like having a Rainbow Brite doll, Care Bears, My little Pony when you were a kid, and now when you see a rainbow it sparks a memory of happiness.

Rainbows make me happy, just trying to share a little of that in the thread that's all.

Thank You Yo Yo Max from You Tube for making all those videos.  She has a lot of them, check her out the next time you want to cook something bright and colorful.

enga Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 5:38am
post #46 of 184

This is not my favorite but it's very interesting, I hope they never get these in my town.

uni filler

uni filler for cupcakes

icon_eek.gif

enga Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 11:00pm
post #47 of 184

Today I got a request from a teenager to make a Nyan cat cake, I was like who, what? She says "you know the cartoon off Cartoon Network".  Ooooookayyyy, I'll bite.  I found a lot of them on CC, wow, who knew.

Nerdie nummies channel on You Tube had so many tutorials on these Anime characters that I have never heard of. This girl is so silly but you gotta love her.  And I thought I was weird for liking "Squid billies ",lol.

I really like the Tetris cookie idea, gonna get me one of those play-dough fun factory toys  and see if I can make them.  I can think of so many other ways this toy could come in handy. Hmmmph, I guess you learn something everyday.

tetris cookies

nyan cat poptart

nyan cat cake

enga Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 1:55pm
post #48 of 184

This cake decorator is very talented, you cant really this one too well, but the others are clearer, Just click the link below the video, I think she has about 51 in all.  Love her scroll work.

enga Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 2:31pm
post #49 of 184
Quote:

This cake decorator is very talented, you cant really this one too well, but the others are clearer, Just click the link below the video, I think she has about 51 in all.  Love her scroll work.

Only in Vegas,lol. Did you watch the pillow cake one?  I think I will be sticking to the Wilton pillow cake pans for now thank you very much. The technique she used to smooth the cakes was phenomenal.  I'm in awe of this woman!

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 3:56pm
post #50 of 184

Not a tutorial, but a youtube video audition for NGB2 which shows a 3-tier wedding cake being decorated in 4 minutes and 20 seconds (.40 - 5:00)...

enga Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 4:26pm
post #51 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41 

Not a tutorial, but a youtube video audition for NGB2 which shows a 3-tier wedding cake being decorated in 4 minutes and 20 seconds (.40 - 5:00)...

Woooooooow!

enga Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 5:07pm
post #52 of 184

The Real Housewives of Atlanta is one of my guilty pleasures, I actually watch all the housewife shows when I get the chance.  But if you want to see an over the top crazy You Tube character who gives reviews of the show in case you missed it.  My kids told me about him, (they seem to know about all the funny videos), so I looked him up.

His name is Funky Dineva, not for the faint of heart,lol.  I watched his rendition of the girls trip to Anguilla and almost choked on my soda.

I will not post a link because I don't want to be responsible for any choking incidents.  Just look for the video on You Tube "Funky Dineva my hair is layed like Anguilla"

soldiernurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soldiernurse Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 5:11pm
post #53 of 184

I agree with you Buttacupcakes..Crumb Boss [Gretchen] herself is very talented but her talent was lost in all of the comedy and distractions of her partner, Steph. They laughed and joked so much that you could not follow the recipes..but now, it's a lot different..Steph is not behind the camera and Crumb Boss [Gretchen] is able to teach/talk about her receipes and the camera is everywhere else when it should be on her and her product..don't know what happened, but it's better..IMO. thumbs_up.gif

enga Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 5:17pm
post #54 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiernurse 

I agree with you Buttacupcakes..Crumb Boss [Gretchen] herself is very talented but her talent was lost in all of the comedy and distractions of her partner, Steph. They laughed and joked so much that you could not follow the recipes..but now, it's a lot different..Steph is not behind the camera and Crumb Boss [Gretchen] is able to teach/talk about her receipes and the camera is everywhere else when it should be on her and her product..don't know what happened, but it's better..IMO. thumbs_up.gif

Is it me because I got the feeling that Steph was kind of jealous of Gretchen, I saw her once when she put the camera on herself, o_0. no words.

I have not seen the new videos yet, I'll have to check them out today. I love Grechen, I just tolerated the chatter to get her recipes.

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 5:50pm
post #55 of 184

AThis is my favorite at least for now. ..m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=vbVj1G0cSzE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvbVj1G0cSzE. I would love to make a cake like the one she makes

enga Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 6:07pm
post #56 of 184

Crumb Boss is one of my favorites, there many tutorials out there not just You Tube, and people are entitled to their opinions of who they like or don't like.  Some are professional cake decorators, some are novices. I think they all are entertaining to watch and learn from.

I went to college for it, I also work in the industry and I have learned quite a bit from tutorials.  Some of the best cake decorators were never formally trained and are strictly self taught.  I will say it again, it does not matter how you get there, just so you get there.

People gripe and say you can watch tutorial after tutorial it's not going to take the place of hands on cake decorating and and years of practice. Well, maybe not but it's a start and we all started some where.

So if somebody tells you that you won't learn anything watching tutorials, tell em to kick rocks!!! thumbs_up.gif

Debcent Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debcent Posted 9 Apr 2013 , 6:35pm
post #57 of 184

I love youtube cake tutorials!!! I learn so much from them..Im also a big fan of Crumb boss Woodland Bakery!!!

Thank you all for posting the tutorials.

enga Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 10:11pm
post #58 of 184

Cake artistry talent is like beauty, you're either are born with it or you have to pay for it.

enga Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 10:46pm
post #59 of 184
Quote:

Cake artistry talent is like beauty, you're either are born with it or you have to pay for it.

I was born with a talent and I'm going to do what ever I can to cultivate that talent, so if it means riding the tube or any other means of knowledge, I 'm going to drain it dry.  You can do you and I'm going to do me.

Word!

enga Posted 11 Apr 2013 , 11:10am
post #60 of 184

That last few comments were not towards anyone on this thread, just venting.

Thank you all for posting your favs.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%