What's The Name Of This Cake Carving Style?

Decorating By MissCuteCupcakes Updated 20 Mar 2013 , 7:20pm by arlenej

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 12:43pm
post #1 of 6

Whats this style of cake carving called and where can I find the tutorial https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=bb8a6a607f&view=att&th=13d73464e08cd08e&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P82AH7E4Emzg1TyU_fwAzAV&sadet=1363610384008&sads=cgq09QqqZyPyrLa7t1HoBpK7Xn4

I've seen it in the past but I dont recall the name so that I can search for it.

5 replies
manddi Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 1:10pm
post #2 of 6

AThe link didn't take me to a picture.

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 6

Im sorry


Here it is

manddi Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 2:37pm
post #4 of 6

AI'm on my phone and I can't figure out how to copy and paste a link... There's a thread about this already. Search this site for the thread titled wave cake. There's a link in that thread for a tutorial. It's in dutch but there's plenty of pictures!

MissCuteCupcakes Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 6:59pm
post #5 of 6

Thank you!!

arlenej Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 7:20pm
post #6 of 6

It shouldn't be too hard to carve that design. Mark the top of your cake into 6 or 8 triangles, from the CENTER of each triangle cut down shallowly in a slant till you get to be under the edge/beginning of the next triangle, then slant your knife and cut up to get to the middle of the next triangle. Continue till the entire cake's done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%