Can I Use Any Printer For Edible Images !?

Decorating By kateking Updated 18 Mar 2013 , 11:06am by sfandm

kateking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kateking Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 3:44am
post #1 of 2

I would like to make a cake with pictures on it. I'm just a 17 year old girl, i don't have a bakery or anything. So I don't need a fancy edible printer but i was just wondering if i could buy a cheep regular printer.would that work? what kind would I have to buy ? Thanksss !!! thumbs_up.gif

1 reply
sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 11:06am
post #2 of 2

Hi, and welcome to cc. I purchased my Canon from Staples a few months back, cost with a warranty was less than $100, it is a Pixma i3600. If you go online to www.icingimages.com, that site is a great place to start for everything you will need to get started. Just FYI, if you use a new printer for edible image printing, you can never switch it over to regular ink, or your heads will get messed up with unedible ink. There are lots of great posts here about this topic, just do a search and you can read about more important stuff. Good luck.

P.S. I would go first to the above mentioned site and look at their complete list of printers they carry ink for, maybe you can pick one up cheaper at Wallyworld. Just a thought!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%