Suggestions On Delivering And Setting Up Wedding Cake

Business By sweetinspired Updated 18 Mar 2013 , 3:36am by sweetinspired

sweetinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetinspired Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 1:02am
post #1 of 7

AI'm delivering 2 wedding cakes next Saturday, how do I transport them? What do I need to bring with me ? One is fondant covered the second one is buttercream

6 replies
mgostin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgostin Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 1:43am
post #2 of 7

Hello!

how many tiers are your wedding cakes? If they are above 2 tiers - I would suggest you put the first two tiers together before delivery and then set up the remaining tiers at the venue. It is much easier to drive and carry a two tier cake rather then a three tier unless the tiers are very small (I.e 8", 7", 6") 

for the buttercream you should refrigerate it before delivery if its going to be hot and then make sure your air con is on full blast as cars can get hot and you can't open the window in case something flies in, to make sure the buttercream stays in perfect condition - if it is going to be hot make sure your  b/c is a stiff consistency. Also if you can't put the cake in the boot or on a flat surface create ones with towels or boards in the back seats.

you need to call the venues and ask what time the rooms will be available from to deliver the cake and whether they have a lift or trolley and have them available for easy cake transportation. You need to have spares of all decorations you have used on the cakes in case some are damaged, spare buttercream to fix any damaged areas and royal icing in case you damage the fondant - essentially a first aid cake decorating kit as the venue will not have anything or be able or have time to help you.

hope this helps and I haven't overwhelmed you! Good luck!

sweetinspired Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 1:50am
post #3 of 7

AThank you so much. :)

SweetBakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBakeCakes Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 2:53am
post #4 of 7

A great tutorial o how to make a sturdy delivery box!

AckerbergsCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AckerbergsCakes Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 3:14am
post #5 of 7

ACool tutorial! Thanks for sharing :)

SweetBakeCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetBakeCakes Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 3:22am
post #6 of 7

No problem!

sweetinspired Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 3:36am
post #7 of 7

AThank you so much :)