Similarities And Differences With Other Cakers

Lounge By manddi Updated 16 May 2013 , 1:33am by TheLoveOfSugar

manddi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manddi Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 3:12am
post #1 of 43

AObviously we all have cake in common but I'm curious about what else we may have in common with each other. Or our differences!

Aside from cake decorating, what are your hobbies? I'll go first: I love archery!

42 replies
DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 11:13am
post #2 of 43

AThere are other hobbies? Ha ha ha

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 11:39am
post #3 of 43

AI do some sewing. Cooking, cookie-ing, a bit of gardening. I used to read and run.. Now I have 2 kids, so not much time for anything at all! I squeeze my caking in during Fireman Sam and naps.

manddi Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 1:09pm
post #4 of 43

AI've been thinking about taking up sewing. Then I wouldn't have to take my husband's favorite pair of shorts to my momma everytime he rips a new hole in 'em(those sorts have seen better days!) I can sew buttons back on; that's about it!

I try my hand at gardening every year... and fail miserably every year... I'm gonna try again this year though!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 1:14pm
post #5 of 43

I love eating, cooking, reading, embroidery, gardening.  I detest exercise but because I like to eat so much I have to do at least an hour a day.  Throw in some cake decorating and I keep myself pretty busy.  Thankfully I am a kept woman (hubby does the hard yakka).  Don't have a ton of money but have a great lifestyle.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 1:34pm
post #6 of 43

A

Original message sent by manddi

I've been thinking about taking up sewing. Then I wouldn't have to take my husband's favorite pair of shorts to my momma everytime he rips a new hole in 'em(those sorts have seen better days!) I can sew buttons back on; that's about it!

I try my hand at gardening every year... and fail miserably every year... I'm gonna try again this year though!

I'm the best gardener in march and April. Come July in Baltimore, my garden looks like an overgrown junkyard! Lol. But I try every year too.

manddi Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 3:14pm
post #7 of 43

A

Original message sent by Sassyzan

I'm the best gardener in march and April. Come July in Baltimore, my garden looks like an overgrown junkyard! Lol. But I try every year too.

You just described my garden! Glad to know I'm not the only one! Lol My garden will be a lot smaller this year. I'm hoping that I'll take better care of it since it won't be quite so overwhelming!

manddi Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 3:17pm
post #8 of 43

A

Original message sent by cazza1

I love eating, cooking, reading, embroidery, gardening.  I detest exercise but because I like to eat so much I have to do at least an hour a day.  Throw in some cake decorating and I keep myself pretty busy.  Thankfully I am a kept woman (hubby does the hard yakka).  Don't have a ton of money but have a great lifestyle.

You just described my life! Minus the embroidery; and I exercise 30 mins a day 5 days a week (I try for 5 days...). I have a love/hate relationship with exercise...

manddi Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 3:18pm
post #9 of 43

A

Original message sent by DeliciousDesserts

There are other hobbies? Ha ha ha

Lol :)

SugarExplosion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarExplosion Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 4:41pm
post #10 of 43

I am marry with a  seven year old daughter. I have a masters in HR Management and I work in my undergrad field in Mental Health Services as a social worker. I'm an aspiring romance writer working toward getting published. I love to read and travel when I'm not busy with my family. That's me in a nut shell.

DeeDee

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 4:19am
post #11 of 43

I don't have a lot of time for other hobbies but I enjoy knitting, crochet, sewing, cooking, painting, I have dreams of gardening but I don't have much of a yard right now. I tried to do tomatoes in a container last year but only got leaves!

cazza1 Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 6:08am
post #12 of 43

Last year I dug up all my flower beds and replaced them with vegies and fruit trees.  I got much more pleasure out of it this way than I did with the flowers.  It's pretty bare now as the weather is too hot to plant much but come spring I will fill it up again.  It's not a huge garden but there is enough to keep me happy.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 7:35am
post #13 of 43

Um, there's life outside cake? icon_lol.gif Took up photography recently but I haven't really had time to focus on it. I guess my other hobbies are reading and 'interneting.' Cake Central counts right?

cazza1 Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 10:58am
post #14 of 43

Yes, I should have added cake central in to my list as I spend so much time here.

tabathaba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tabathaba Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 11:17am
post #15 of 43

I am a nationally certified personal trainer and that's my day job. I love to exercise outside of my 40 hour week also, I run 1/2 marathons and do triathlons (love to swim!). I have been married for 2 1/2 years and I love my husband and my little miniature dachshund (no kids yet!). My husband has just been accepted into a doctorate program and I'm so proud of him!

I love to decorate cakes but I just recently found out that I have a wheat allergy. So I have been re-working all of my recipes so I can eat them, it's kind of depressing, but fun at the same time!

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 11:52am
post #16 of 43

Lately it's been cooking and reading this website.  I also used to be a heavy-duty knitter, but once I had a child, I stopped.

cazza1 Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 2:22pm
post #17 of 43

Norasmom, knitting is one of those wonderful things that you never forget how to do and can come back to.  I stopped knitting when my kids were about 5 and did very little for years on end.  Now I am back into it with a vengence and am finding it very relaxing.  No great need for heavy winter woolies where I live so I have joined a knitting group that knits for local charities.  I can knit whatever I like and all the wool is supplied.  I have been knitting beanies for the last year.  Some are plain, some are fancy, some are adult, some are baby.  All up a lot of warmer heads around the district.

j92383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
j92383 Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 3:58pm
post #18 of 43

My hobby is reading. Every chance I get I'm reading even if it's at red light : )

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 4:48pm
post #19 of 43

I had to cut down on the knitting and crochet because I ran out of things to do, there are only so many hats, blankets, scarves and booties you need! I have the same problem with cakes, I can't just make them all the time for us as we'd be even larger than we already are!

manddi Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 5:51pm
post #20 of 43

AI have an undeniable need to shout this from the roof tops:

Yesterday afternoon I actually Robin hooded an arrow!!!

VicB213 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VicB213 Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 7:26pm
post #21 of 43

Baking in my hobby... though this year once spring arrives and the Farmer's Market Opens up I will be taking up canning and making jellies... I also bake all my dogs (I have three of them) cookies and ofcourse have a teenage boy to try and fill up.. So the kitchen is my life.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 8:23pm
post #22 of 43

Besides baking and decorating, I love to read (including audiobooks while I walk to work and in my car) and to sew.

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 8:27pm
post #23 of 43

Mine is reading. I love to grab a book and read for hours. I don't do it often but when I do I REALLY get into it. It freaks my boyfriend out that I will spend hours reading.

mccantsbakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccantsbakes Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 9:13pm
post #24 of 43

I tend to be "a counselor " to everyone I know....whether it be relationship advice, financial advice  or medical advice, I am on call with friends and family ALL the time. 

The caking is my passion.   It is what keeps me sane and brings me

joy.    My family takes up the rest of my time.   I am thankful to be a stay at home mom for the time being, but one day want to finish my teaching credential (I have my BA in music and history)  I would also love to learn to quilt.    

Perhaps one day I will figure out how to make money on my cakes too.....I tend to be too nice and overly generous.   Sigh.  

manddi Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 3:21pm
post #25 of 43

AJust want to share my good news:

I took 6th place in my class at an Archery tournament this weekend! Woohoo!

There was also a mini tournament and I took 1st place in my class! Double Woohoo!!!

CakersbyEggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakersbyEggers Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 6:16pm
post #26 of 43

I am an unemployed teacher and youth pastor. I have two daughters and I have been married 7 years. I love to bake, paint, draw, teach, READ!! and problem solve. I hate to exercise, but am on weight watchers, so I have to find ways to make it fun.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 6:28pm
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by manddi 

Just want to share my good news:

I took 6th place in my class at an Archery tournament this weekend! Woohoo!

There was also a mini tournament and I took 1st place in my class! Double Woohoo!!!

Congrats!

bct806 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bct806 Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 7:20pm
post #28 of 43

I love to read. I have a hard time putting down a good book. I wish I could garden but I kill plants that most people can't. My thumb is completely black without an ounce of green.

manddi Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 7:26pm
post #29 of 43

A

Original message sent by shanter

Congrats!

manddi Posted 29 Apr 2013 , 7:27pm
post #30 of 43

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

I don't have a lot of time for other hobbies but I enjoy knitting, crochet, sewing, cooking, painting, I have dreams of gardening but I don't have much of a yard right now. I tried to do tomatoes in a container last year but only got leaves!

You need at least 2 plants to have tomatoes ;)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%