VACakelady Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 11:25am
post #1 of

I have a customer inquiring about the high heel cupcakes that you see pictures of floating around the internet. The ones where the cupcake is the toe section of the shoe, there is a flat piece of something (gumpaste?) angled up from there and a rolled cookie stick (pirouline? sp?) as the heel. Does anyone have a clue what to charge for these things?  My hubby said maybe around $6-7 each, then my 9 year old niece said it should be $10 each. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

6 replies
mgostin Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 1:46am
post #2 of

I would  do at least a minimum of $8.50 per a cupcake and then offer a bulk discount if they order 10 pairs or so (20 cupcakes so then go down to $8) they are a lot of work and use expensive ingredients! 

VACakelady Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 1:53am
post #3 of

Thank you for the reply. I definitely agree that these use expensive ingredients and have to be time consuming. I'm hoping the price will scare her away. thumbs_up.gif  She was asking about getting 30 of them. Thanks again.

HeathersHeaven Posted 19 Mar 2013 , 3:00am
post #4 of

I have made High Heel's. I used white chocolate covered shaped graham crackers "sole". And I dont know if you have a Dollar Tree store near you, but thats where I got the cookies for the heel (they are the same name brand ones that are at grocery stores). Just a tip I had to make double cupcakes & cut one in half and shape it & put it on top of a cupcake to be able to make the toe part high enough to get the sole to go into it. 

Babbo Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 3:09pm
post #5 of

Wow they look cool but tricky!!!

VACakelady Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 3:33pm
post #6 of

Dollar Tree is exactly where I was thinking of getting the cookies. Thank you so much for the tips on how to put them together. That helps so much. 

HeathersHeaven Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 4:21pm
post #7 of

Your welcome.. They are time consuming but fun & turn out GREAT!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%