I Love Going All Renegade On A Cake!!!!!!!

Decorating By Embles Updated 16 Mar 2013 , 2:31am by scrumdiddlycakes

Embles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Embles Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 5

ADoes anybidy else agree that free reign on a cake order with maybe just "can it be blue and feed 50?" Is the best thing ever? I find very specific instruction quite difficult as I think its very difficult to imagine the same thing someone else is (obviously I draw and confirm with these cakes however still find it incredibly nerve wracking). I find vague briefs realky liberating.

4 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 12:39am
post #2 of 5

Those kinds of things make me really nervous, because I have no doubt that I could do the most gorgeous cake ever and the bride would say that it wasn't what she was thinking of! I want them to give me some kind of direction so that I have an idea of what weird vision is inhabiting her bridal brain.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 2:18am
post #3 of 5

As I only do cakes for family and friends at no cost they have no say in what I do.  I love being able to decide.  I would not like having a business where I had to copy specific cakes as invariably, even when I do copy, they don't look like the original.  I also have a bit of a habit of getting side tracked.  Luckily my family are grateful to receive any cakes, as none of them are in the slightest bit crafty or artistic, so it is not a problem.

Embles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Embles Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 2:28am
post #4 of 5

ABridal brains are funny places and I totally get you, caking is a scary place anyway. I know im not splitting the atomwhen I work but I also know how important a cake can be and how getting the slightest detail wrong can have massive consequences, still get a bit of a rush from a flying by the seat of my pants situation though lol. I have pulled off a baby shower cake tonight with no brief however which ive loved doing, ive also gor a 3 tier bad boy very specific with hand made rose in 2 weeks which I am v nervous about!!!

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 16 Mar 2013 , 2:31am
post #5 of 5

I half love half, hate them... I'm doing three for a photo shoot next week, I'm actually pretty stressed over it.

All I was told was 3 cakes, various sizes would be neat and shades of red, pink and gold.

I do love being able to design and have fun with it, but like costumeszar said, they could be gorgeous but not what the photographer was envisioning.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%