Is A Little White Lie Always Bad...

Business By Norasmom Updated 26 Mar 2013 , 8:18am by kvand

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 9

Is it a really bad thing to tell a customer you don't want to deal with that you are booked for the date they need? Not a normal practice for me, but I just did this...

8 replies
ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 6:45pm
post #2 of 9

Psssh. No. 

If the alternative is telling someone that they are too rude to deal with, what else can you do? 

I think it's tactful. 

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 6:53pm
post #3 of 9

AI just tell them I am unavailable for that date. What i plan to do with the day remains my business.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 9

Saying "Sorry I'm already booked" isn't a little white lie. 

You will FOR SURE be spending at least a few minutes that day with a nice tall drink thinking of that poor sweet dear customer on the "no cake" list...right?

SugaredSaffron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredSaffron Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 9

I'm unavailable, I don't believe in 'white' lies.

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 8:25pm
post #6 of 9

Funnily enough, I am ALWAYS fully booked when someone asks for a carved car cake!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 8:40pm
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom 

Is it a really bad thing to tell a customer you don't want to deal with that you are booked for the date they need? Not a normal practice for me, but I just did this...

the only potential problem can be that they may respond--well when do you have an opening

heheheheheh

yeah so keep 'i'm not available' handy too ;) as sugared saffron & vgcea suggested

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 8:58pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks so much for the replies!  Happy caking everyone!

kvand Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kvand Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 8:18am
post #9 of 9

I have used the old "I am unavailable" or "I am booked for that day/weekend" for people I don't want to deal with or even just to take time off with my family.  It's not a lie at all... I have other plans than to spend my valuable time creating your cake that I don't like the design concept of anyway.  It's non of there business if I am spending my time with my family or with cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%