Chocolate Fudge Icing Source?

Decorating By Elisabet Updated 15 Sep 2013 , 9:49pm by liz at sugar

Elisabet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elisabet Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 3:06am
post #1 of 9

Hi! I'm looking for a certain type of chocolate fudge icing and am hoping you experts can help me!

The icing is gooey, sticky, shiny, chocolatey, and rich. If you've had Sam's Artisan Fresh Chocolate Fudge cake, that's the stuff I'm describing! (see the photo below...) If you know a supplier (or an amazing recipe), I'd love to be in the know! My local Sam's does not sell icing tubs... Thanks!

8 replies
PaigeDonkin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaigeDonkin Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 12:32pm
post #2 of 9

AHi there! I have a chocolate fudge icing recipe that everyone who's ever tried it - loves! Its 2 bars of dark chocolate (around 90g each), one tin of caramel and 1 tbs of icing sugar! Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then add caramel and icing sugar! Enjoy x

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 17 Mar 2013 , 1:16pm
post #3 of 9

ABrill ready ice. It's either from Dawn or Bakemark - can't remember which at the moment.

Elisabet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elisabet Posted 16 May 2013 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 9

Thanks for your replies!

PaigeDonkin, your frosting never made it to the brownies it was intended for...icon_biggrin.gif 

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 16 May 2013 , 10:00pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaigeDonkin 

Hi there! I have a chocolate fudge icing recipe that everyone who's ever tried it - loves! Its 2 bars of dark chocolate (around 90g each), one tin of caramel and 1 tbs of icing sugar! Melt the chocolate in the microwave and then add caramel and icing sugar! Enjoy x

Hi PaigeDonkin: Do you have a weight for your tin of caramel?  And is it a solid caramel, or a liquid type caramel?  Your chocolate fudge icing sounds delicious.  Thanks in advance.  And is it just 1 tablespoon icing sugar, or 1 pound?

Liz

PaigeDonkin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PaigeDonkin Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 9

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz at sugar 

Hi PaigeDonkin: Do you have a weight for your tin of caramel?  And is it a solid caramel, or a liquid type caramel?  Your chocolate fudge icing sounds delicious.  Thanks in advance.  And is it just 1 tablespoon icing sugar, or 1 pound?

Liz

I'm so sorry it has taken me so long to reply! The tin is 360g and it is one tablespoon of icing sugar :) Its the kind of recipe though that you don't have to stick with exact measurements :) more or less will do it! The caramel is almost like a pudding consistency - In South Africa the kind I use is called caramel treat :) Hope you try it eventually! x

cakealicious7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakealicious7 Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 4:11pm
post #7 of 9

AOh i cant wait to try this!!! Thankyou for the recipe!

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 5:06pm
post #8 of 9

AThat recipe sounds delicious. I wonder if caramel ice cream topping would work? I can't think of any caramel with a soft consistency except for the topping.

liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 15 Sep 2013 , 9:49pm
post #9 of 9

Thank you Paige - I used dulce de leche for the caramel - it worked great.  I didn't add the icing sugar, and it still turned out. :)

Liz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%