What Is This Technique?

Decorating By rica827 Updated 15 Mar 2013 , 1:06am by rica827

rica827 Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 5

I have seen this before, and it appears simple, but could be deceiving!  I'm referring to what I can only think of as "scalloped" sides?  Do you just plop blobs of frosting in vertical rows and smooth them with a spatula?


Thanks for your help! :)



4 replies
Bbreland Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 8:33pm
post #2 of 5
KathleenC Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 5

Here's another one.




I like the look, but haven't tried it yet.  However, it looks fairly straightforward.

theresaf Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 5

It's simple AND beautiful.  I've used it many times myself (even my cake logo here)

It's called the petal effect - check out Melissa's super simple wonderfully described plan! 







rica827 Posted 15 Mar 2013 , 1:06am
post #5 of 5

AYou guys are awesome!! Thank you so much! :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%