Car Suspension Problems

Decorating By Collywobbles Updated 21 Apr 2013 , 7:43pm by Collywobbles

Collywobbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Collywobbles Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 5:57am
post #1 of 3

I have just bought a new car but it is a very cheap basic model with less than brilliant suspension.  Other than that I love the car.  The first time I transported a cake in the car I had problems.  It was a short journey but by the time I got there a couple of the candles had fallen and the boot had also fell.  The boot was made of rice krispies and covered in fondant.  It was quite heavy and was attached to the cake board and side of the cake with melted chocolate which usually works a treat.  Basically I need to have help in minimising the suspension problems.  I can't and don't want to change the car, have never had this problem before and am just looking for some suggestions.

Any suggestions please!

2 replies
CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Mar 2013 , 8:04am
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collywobbles 

It was quite heavy and was attached to the cake board and side of the cake with melted chocolate which usually works a treat.

All cars vibrate... it would have happened in any car, and that's not just any cake -- (an ice skate!) you can't get enough chocolate on the blade (or boot) to prevent it from falling over!  If you're delivering many custom cakes like this in the future (fully assembled), I'd suggest an internal structure that actually allows you to link large/heavy accessories through the main cake that's secured into the base board.  I'd expect the possibility that food items could potentially rip through the internal structure if vibrated excessively.

Collywobbles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Collywobbles Posted 21 Apr 2013 , 7:43pm
post #3 of 3

Just an update after advice from Blake Cakes I purchased some thick dense foam which I then covered with a non slip weave from Ikea and hey presto.  Works like a dream and no more mishaps  (just hope I haven't jinxed it now)icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%