Need Help On Buttercream

Baking By lvtig1 Updated 24 Mar 2013 , 4:26pm by -K8memphis

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 18 Mar 2013 , 10:56pm
post #31 of 37

I love BetterCream.  I wish we had the Rich's liquid here so I could make a smaller batch of Better Cream.   I want to try the new product Cool Whip has on TV...called Cool Whip Icing...I'm hoping its super stiff cool whip....like the BetterCream.  That 15lb bucket takes up a lot of room in my freezer.  

Sorry OP for taking over your thread.   icon_redface.gif

ivys5652 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ivys5652 Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 4:34am
post #32 of 37

Add dream whip powder to your recipe to have it crust.

wild4wallace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wild4wallace Posted 20 Mar 2013 , 6:35am
post #33 of 37

Amen to that.  Grainy is in the sugar, and unless you are dissolving it, cooking it and whipping it, you need a good brand of sugar or one that you trust to be consistent. 

lvtig1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvtig1 Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 3:30pm
post #34 of 37

Thanks for everyone's tips.  No worries about 'taking over the thread'.  LOL.  All of the tips and questions HELP each other.  I figured out that adding and/or subtracting powdered sugar and/or the fats makes all the difference in the crusting, not crusting or too crusting. I do love the mock sugarshack as soon as I figured this trick out.  It was light and fluffy and so yummy.  I still had the grainy texture, but not as much after sifting the PS.  I did use C & H for all, but still grainy.  The local cake store told me that it is the lack of transfats that causes it, but I surely don't know.

cakestomuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestomuch Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 5:00am
post #35 of 37

AHow did the cake come out? Any pictures?

lvtig1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lvtig1 Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 3:17pm
post #36 of 37

thanks for asking.  The pictures are posted on this thread.  It tasted YUMMY and was a great success.  Who knew after all my "issues"!!  Thanks for everyone's help.

http://cakecentral.com/t/755528/another-day-need-more-advice-wedding-cake-batter-mess/30  If you click on the pictures, they enlarge.  Not perfect, but not bad for a first cake, I think.  Also, the middle cake shows the filling area in the picture, but to the naked eye it appeared smooth white.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 4:26pm
post #37 of 37

we never saw the veil...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%