Dear Sweet Bride-To-Be....

Business By DebbyJG Updated 13 Mar 2013 , 1:04am by cazza1

DebbyJG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebbyJG Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 7:45pm
post #1 of 10

I appreciate that you want to schedule a cake tasting with me. I really want to meet you and your Mr. Wonderful, but I just can't schedule cake tastings on Friday nights or Saturdays. 

I offered you the choice of 3 or 4 days I have scheduled time for tastings. If you can't make those times, I've also generously let you know that I'd be willing to meet on Sunday afternoon or evenings, even though that is the time when I'd prefer to actually get a few hours off.

But please understand, you who are insulted that I won't meet with you on a Friday night or a Saturday. That is a cake baker's biggest work days.  My kids and husband don't even see me on those days. I stay hidden away in my kitchen from sunup until the wee hours, emerging only for quick 10 minute meals and occasional bathroom breaks. 

And if you can't understand that, then try to think about the weekend of your wedding. Would you prefer that your cake baker is working to get your cake done to perfection? Or would you be happier to know that he or she is taking hours off to meet with potential clients, and then stuffing whatever time she has left into putting together and delivering YOUR cake?

Oh, but I forgot. You also think that a wedding cake can be thrown together in about an hour or two at most.

9 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 7:48pm
post #2 of 10

Isn't that the truth?

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 10

she was insulted because you wouldn't meet with her Friday or Saturday? Some people! Be glad you don't have to make her a cake.

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 8:13pm
post #4 of 10

Ugh. Some folks can be so inconsiderate. Must've been watching too many episodes of Bridezilla or something.

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 8:23pm
post #5 of 10

And then you know she's going to ask if the cake is baked fresh the morning of her big day!

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 10

AOh my gosh, Kikiandkyle! I'm not the only one who had to field THAT ridiculous question?! On more than one occasion?

I guess 'it's just cake. How hard can it be/how long could it possibly take to make?' Right?

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 10:42pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmPamCakes 

Oh my gosh, Kikiandkyle! I'm not the only one who had to field THAT ridiculous question?! On more than one occasion?

I guess 'it's just cake. How hard can it be/how long could it possibly take to make?' Right?

Ah but there are bakers who tell people they bake the same day. icon_rolleyes.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 12 Mar 2013 , 11:48pm
post #8 of 10

I had a woman a couple of weeks ago who cancelled her appointment because I sent my standard confirmation that includes asking them not to bring children to a business meeting. She said that my "expectations were too high for her to keep the appointment", and that if her kids couldn't participate neither could she. Uh, okay...

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 12:42am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar 

I had a woman a couple of weeks ago who cancelled her appointment because I sent my standard confirmation that includes asking them not to bring children to a business meeting. She said that my "expectations were too high for her to keep the appointment", and that if her kids couldn't participate neither could she. Uh, okay...

LOL!!!

My sister just ordered a 12 inch square cake. She wants it for tomorrow. she's begging me. She keeps calling. Why can't she understand that just the ganache will be 3 hours? 

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 13 Mar 2013 , 1:04am
post #10 of 10

Costumeczar she was probably hoping for free afternoon tea for the kids.  It's not just cake appointments.  Why can't people understand that you don't have to have your kids with you every second of the day and that there are places that you shouldn't take them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%