Cake Or Pastry Liner Maker - Useful For Cake Decoration?

Business By bakingghurl Updated 11 Mar 2013 , 3:21pm by bakingghurl

bakingghurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingghurl Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 4:08pm
post #1 of 6

hello all,

i just started self learning baking, when it comes to decoration of pastries --

*** do you find it useful to be able to create your own pastry liner (or cupcake liner) for desserts such as petit fours, cupcakes, tarts in different shapes and sizes? all you need is a product no bigger than your hand and simply press a button? and you can create multiple pastry liners of your choice?

*** or would you rather buy each type of pastry liner from the store per design, size and shape?

your thoughts?

thanks,

bakingghurl

5 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 6:26pm
post #2 of 6

I thought pastry liners are paper or acetate... what is the tool/product that you mentioned to make liner?

bakingghurl Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 6

hi charmed, your exactly right, pastry liners are made out of paper - so the tool lets you choose your pastry paper (with design) and all you have to do is use the tool to mold or shape the paper into a liner or cup - the paper will take the shape of the mold/container --- so if the tool is shape of a heart, just press the tool - and there you go, your paper is now a heart-shaped pastry liner =D

i think this would be useful and economical too - what do you think?  

thoughts everyone?

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 10 Mar 2013 , 6:42pm
post #4 of 6

AI am curious about this tool. Does a tool like this exist, or are you wanting a tool like it? I guess it could be helpful if you need a specific design on your paper for your cupcakes or pastry. But cutting the paper and forming it would be time consuming, and time is money.

bakingghurl Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 3:20pm
post #5 of 6

hi IamPamCakes,

no need to cut the paper, the gadget has a built in cutter, which cuts any excess part of the pastry cup or liner once the paper has been shaped into a cup.

thanks for your feedback too!

bakingghurl

http://learningtobhake.blogspot.com/

bakingghurl Posted 11 Mar 2013 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 6

hi IamPamCakes,

actually the gadget has a built in cutter, so it will cut any excess edges once the paper has been formed into a cup.

thank you for your feedback too!

thanks,

bakingghurl

http://learningtobhake.blogspot.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%