Pram Cake

Decorating By giveandcake Updated 9 Mar 2013 , 10:32pm by giveandcake

giveandcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
giveandcake Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 8:13am
post #1 of 4

Hello all, I am a newbbie at cake decorating and I have a difficult project to work with.

I want to make a pram 3d cake, inspired my Ron ben Israel, and I have a question.

Is ti possible(have you ever done it?) to flip an already ready cake (mud cake torted ganached etc) on its side? I mean to cut of a piece (like the pacman) ant then flip it to make it seem like a pram, or I should torte normaly and then give tha shape...

Also I am thinking the weight of the hood will be supported on tis own, no prob there, but wil the rest (the lhalf circle) cake hold by it own? I hope it does not crack in th middle.....

I don't know if my English is good enough fo you to understand what I mean icon_smile.gif

here is the pic (of course mine will not look like this lol and maybe I;ll do 2 wheels) 

Thank in advance on any feedback, of how you would support/make such a cake.

I live in Greece and we have not much experience in 3d cakes

3 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 9:36am
post #2 of 4

Hello and welcome.  Since you are new to cake decorating have you considered maybe making a round cake with a pram as a topper, made out of gumpaste.

giveandcake Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 11:03am
post #3 of 4

Yes I have, but the clients order is this 3d version... I wish it was a topper...they are so cute...

I have made 20 cakes or so, 2 tiered etc, I am familiar with decorating, (not expereinced though) but have not tried to set a cake on its side (If that is possible...)

Thanks for the welcome and your answer...

Haw anyone tried it? have found this blog and really got discouraged,

http://www.celebrate-with-cake.com/2011/08/baby-pram-cake.html

maybe I will not risk it, and loose this order (and it is actually the first from a person not in my family or friends ....)icon_sad.gif

giveandcake Posted 9 Mar 2013 , 10:32pm
post #4 of 4

ok I have figured a way of doing it, so simple I can't think of a reason this didn't crossed my mind.

I will let you know how it goes...if we have a success, will share my idea.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%