Can Anyone Tell Me How Many Layers I Would Need To Make A Hockey Bag Cake??

Decorating By crpdfoster Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 11:43pm by crpdfoster

crpdfoster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crpdfoster Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 8:38pm
post #1 of 7

I am trying to make my son a hockey bag and can't quite figure out how many layers of cake I would need to use, if anyone has any suggestions or have done one of these bags with any help, would be great thanks very much.

6 replies
Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpdfoster 

I am trying to make my son a hockey bag and can't quite figure out how many layers of cake I would need to use, if anyone has any suggestions or have done one of these bags with any help, would be great thanks very much.

If you look in the gallery at new photos, someone posted a picture of a sports bag today...maybe they will help you.  Good luck :)

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 9:00pm
post #3 of 7

AI'm not familiar with hockey bags. Do you know the dimensions? That would help.

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crpdfoster Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 9:56pm
post #5 of 7

thanks you guys, I am still looking but I can only find pictures, and I can't really tell by the pictures how many layers and what size they used. I will keep looking.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 11:13pm
post #6 of 7

AHere's what I meant about the dimensions: I the bag is 6" tall, you'll need 6-1" layers. Make sense. Adjust according to scale.

When I am sculpting a cake, I figure out the dimensions & adjust for ratio. The case I bud light was about 8" tall. I used 4 layers if 2" cake & a board for structure.

crpdfoster Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 11:43pm
post #7 of 7

Sorry I am fairly new to it all and still trying to learn all the tricks, yes that does make sense now I was just getting frustrated trying to figure out what size it would actually came out when I was done.

Thank you for your help, and I just looked at your profile, and wow you have done some amazing cakes, especially the Bud Light Case!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%