My Fil's Wife! Ug!!

Lounge By Annabakescakes Updated 8 Mar 2013 , 6:04pm by peppercorns

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 2:58am
post #31 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

Another tactic is to escalate (in good humor of course)...if you start following George Takei and sharing some of his posts, your ecards won't seem so bad in comparison. icon_wink.gif

The one with the play on te serenity prayer was from George's Facebook page, I am going to go get more....

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 3:14am
post #32 of 83

I'm not even religious and I get mad at people like that for giving it a bad name! 

If there really is a heaven, I think a lot of people who think they're guaranteed an in are in for a shock. 

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:46am
post #33 of 83

From George T's FB page:

"I don’t have a problem with idiots. I have a problem with the fact that they have an internet connection."

Me too.

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:49am
post #34 of 83

Burn in hell, I wouldicon_mad.gif, I donot like church going ladies with black and red hats to tell me " bless you my child, bless you my child"

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 5:21am
post #35 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

From George T's FB page:

"I don’t have a problem with idiots. I have a problem with the fact that they have an internet connection."

Me too.

Love this!!!!!!!  and Me too

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 5:31am
post #36 of 83

AIt's funny because my husband I were in church 3 days a week, and a Bible study once a week for years and years. I never press it upon people, or say what they are doing is wrong. If someone I love is doing things contrary to my beliefs, I will sometimes speak once to let them know I disagree, but it doesn't matter to me, and support them all I can. My best friend is a heroine addict and my next best friend is gay and my NEXT best friend is a lesbian. It may not seem "christian" but I love them to death. It is against my religious beliefs for ME to be gay, but everyone can do whatever the heck they want, as far as i am concerned. I never want to make them feel bad, or ever even try to. Maybe I am wrong. There really is no way to know, this side of death.

I live and let live. Unless you are chewing with your mouth open, or picking a scab, those are two things I simply cannot tolerate! Or have horrible spelling and grammar...

So many people beat others over the head with the Bible, or Koran, or Darwin's Theory of Evolution, lol, and that turns more people off than anything! I have had it done to me over my tattoos and perced ears and the fact I wear pants, and makeup and cut my hair! I find it disgusting, and would never do that to someone else. People's beliefs are personal an their own. And I don't want to hear about yours and I'll keep mine to myself as well, thankyouverymuch! Lol!

And politics....My Facebook page makes it very clear what side I am on, as do my bumper stickers;-) Don't shove yours down my throat, and I will not shove mine down yours. Be as ignorant as you want, but let me keep my own money, grr!

Incidentally, I feel the same way about perfume, lol, I don't want to smell your body, thanks anyway!

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 5:36am
post #37 of 83

AWhat's that song? "I'd rather laugh with sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun" haha!

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 5:37am
post #38 of 83

AIts interesting because I've lived in a few countries, and have friends from all over the world, and all walks of life. I have never experienced religious fanaticism like it is here in the US, people just take it to a new level here. I know plenty of people in other countries that consider themselves to be very devout, and none of them go to the extremes I see here every day.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:06am
post #39 of 83

A

Original message sent by kikiandkyle

Its interesting because I've lived in a few countries, and have friends from all over the world, and all walks of life. I have never experienced religious fanaticism like it is here in the US, people just take it to a new level here. I know plenty of people in other countries that consider themselves to be very devout, and none of them go to the extremes I see here every day.

The religious extremists and fundamentalists are actually in the minority (even in the US), but since they are so outspoken you just hear about them more. It is also generally localized to certain areas in the US.

There are also more atheists out there than one would think, in the past 7 years the number of atheists in the US has increased from 1% to 5%, while people who identified as "religious" declined from 73% to 60%. People who practice atheism and agnosticism often won't talk about it in public, I certainly try to stay out of religious discussions since it can make people uncomfortable once they find out I'm an atheist.

Although I do have the occasional interesting conversation with evangelists who try to convert me. ;)

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:46am
post #40 of 83

I only have FB for my company, not a personal FB, so I'm not sure about this, but can't you remove someone from your 'friend' list (or whatever it is called)? I mean, don't say you're going to do it, and don't make any big deal about it, but do it anyway.

It is a simple solution.

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 12:47pm
post #41 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 
So many people beat others over the head with the Bible, or Koran, or Darwin's Theory of Evolution, lol, and that turns more people off than anything! I have had it done to me over my tattoos and perced ears and the fact I wear pants, and makeup and cut my hair! I find it disgusting, and would never do that to someone else. People's beliefs are personal an their own. And I don't want to hear about yours and I'll keep mine to myself as well, thankyouverymuch! Lol!

I go to Mass and pray, etc but have very similar thoughts on forcing my beliefs on others.

Just curious - are your makeup and hair very unconventional? I have never ever had someone say anything to me for wearing pants, I dont know what I'd do/say if they did I'd be in such shock!!

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 2:02pm
post #42 of 83
Quote:

The religious extremists and fundamentalists are actually in the minority (even in the US), but since they are so outspoken you just hear about them more. It is also generally localized to certain areas in the US.

There are also more atheists out there than one would think, in the past 7 years the number of atheists in the US has increased from 1% to 5%, while people who identified as "religious" declined from 73% to 60%. People who practice atheism and agnosticism often won't talk about it in public, I certainly try to stay out of religious discussions since it can make people uncomfortable once they find out I'm an atheist.

Although I do have the occasional interesting conversation with evangelists who try to convert me. icon_wink.gif

Honestly it's more than just the outspoken few. Practically every blog I come across (admittedly they are mostly crafty ones) is filled with praises and blessings, at the American award shows practically everyone thanks God, whereas nobody does in any other country, there are endless tv channels just dedicated to religion. When we first moved here everyone told us we needed to join a church if we wanted to make friends, even if we're not religious, because that's just what everyone does (we didn't). And we're in the suburban Chicago area, not exactly known as a hotbed of evangelism! 

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 2:29pm
post #43 of 83

I have always suspected that those who pray the loudest in public (so to speak), constantly remind others of their failings (but they're not judging you, oh no!), and constantly throw around the blessings in their secret heart of hearts don't trust God to get it right.  They secretly doubt there is some future judgement and punishment, and do their level best to make that happen in the here and now.  I suspect that's why so many of the pushier evangelicals get caught up in scandal so often.  They yell the way they do mainly to convince themselves.

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 2:33pm
post #44 of 83

I just want to clarify I have no issue with people being religious, or even expressing their beliefs in their chosen way. I'm just making an observation that its done in a much more outspoken way in general in the US than I've seen anywhere else. 

Although I do agree with cakeyouverymuch about those who shout the loudest often being the ones with the most to hide. 

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 3:34pm
post #45 of 83

icon_eek.gif good god...it must have been her that knocked on my door this afternoon (with rest of flock in tow)

Trying to tell me that Jesus is calling me..... at that very moment my phone rang...so i laughed and said...*noooo, i think that is my husbsand calling ,me*...

As i closed the front door all the flock all said.... Blessings to you dear.

GULP  - just had a thought...hope *jesus is calling you* doesnt mean i am about to fall of my perch  

Anna, just unfriend her ....  jesus says you dont have to give a reason icon_biggrin.gif

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 3:56pm
post #46 of 83

I wonder what her response to the following post would be: "woohoo spring equinox is fast approaching, I can't wait to plant my bean runes!!" (I first typed something about frolicking, rocks and nudity but I decided not to be naughty....

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:03pm
post #47 of 83

Hello kikiandkyle, I've watched some religious channels and most of them will ask for any donation you can afford, at the end of the program, welllllllllll,  one of them was seen by a tourist in a not to be named bank in Zurich, grinning from ear to ear, yes honey, that's were most of your donations go. Heck one of them even owns a private jet, complete with a chief on board!icon_twisted.gif

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:10pm
post #48 of 83
Quote:

Although I do have the occasional interesting conversation with evangelists who try to convert me. icon_wink.gif

I once dated a guy who was Born Again, I'm athiest (which my mother refuses to accept).  He was one of the most hypocrytical and immoral people I have ever run across.  I find it amusing to occasionally be the least religious, yet most moral (according to standard Christian/American beliefs), person in a room.

I couldn't care less what your religious beliefs are, just don't try to project them upon me. 

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:24pm
post #49 of 83

My mom refused to come to my wedding because it wasn't in a church. Now that doesn't sound very Christian does it. Unfortunately she didn't keep her promise and came, and ruined the photos. But that's another story.

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:25pm
post #50 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue 

icon_eek.gif good god...it must have been her that knocked on my door this afternoon (with rest of flock in tow)

Trying to tell me that Jesus is calling me..... at that very moment my phone rang...so i laughed and said...*noooo, i think that is my husbsand calling ,me*...

As i closed the front door all the flock all said.... Blessings to you dear.

GULP  - just had a thought...hope *jesus is calling you* doesnt mean i am about to fall of my perch  

Anna, just unfriend her ....  jesus says you dont have to give a reason icon_biggrin.gif

LOL! 

sfandm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sfandm Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:38pm
post #51 of 83

AI have a good one, or at least I think. I have a good friend whose other friends I met at a karaoke party one evening. This man was "supposed to be" a trueChristian man, but he never. Talked to anyone, and never participated in anything. So he somehow got my email and started sending me all these emails, yes you guessed it, about the bible and being a better person. So after a year of these emails, I emailed him and asked him to remove me from his email "fan club", at which he replied, 'so sorry you don't want to be saved by Jesus. Your children will burn in the everlasting hell for not doing what you know is the right path in your life. You will be sorry when you get down on your knees before our savior and ask for forgiveness on the day of judgement.' BTW, this Is the direct quote from my email. So I replied, and my direct answer was, 'how dare you even try to judge me?! You don't even know me or my children, and I have my own beliefs, and have never asked you to preach to me via emails, I have enough spam and trash mail as it is. but since we are talking religion, why don't you take a little bit of your own medicine.

before you pull the splinter out of my eye, pull the timber out of yours. or how about this one, People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. oh, and I've got one more for ya, but it's not located anywhere in any bible, so I will keep this one to myself. You have a great life buddy!

he has not emailed me since then. Yes, I know I have been told I say what I want, and I will probably be judged for that and a lot more one day, but this guy really touched a nerve.

There's my 2 cents.

jason_kraft Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:42pm
post #52 of 83

AMy usual response to the fire and brimstone speech is "I don't believe in hell, but thanks for your concern!"

Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 4:49pm
post #53 of 83
Quote:

My usual response to the fire and brimstone speech is "I don't believe in hell, but thanks for your concern!"

Where is the "Like" button?  Do you mind if I use this?  Bet it just stops them in thier tracks. thumbs_up.gif

jason_kraft Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 5:00pm
post #54 of 83

A

Original message sent by Herekittykitty

Where is the "Like" button?  Do you mind if I use this?  Bet it just stops them in thier tracks. ;-D

Go for it! It may not always stop the conversation, but it reframes the topic and puts the burden of proof on the evangelist.

The next points brought up are usually:

- You can't be 100% sure hell doesn't exist ("I am 100% sure hell does not exist") - What if you're wrong? ("I'm not")

It is often baffling for the evangelist to encounter someone with the same level of confidence they have, but in a completely foreign idea.

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:28pm
post #55 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer353 

I go to Mass and pray, etc but have very similar thoughts on forcing my beliefs on others.

Just curious - are your makeup and hair very unconventional? I have never ever had someone say anything to me for wearing pants, I dont know what I'd do/say if they did I'd be in such shock!!

Not since I became a mom, lol! I thought it would be trashy to walk around with my big belly, crayon red hair, piercings tattoos, and blue lipstick.... But just normal everyday make-up is an affront to the eyes of the Lord, who created us in His own Image, therefore making each one of us perfect. Wearing make-up, coloring and perming hair is like telling Him he got it wrong, but He is infallable. Women should never cut their hair, while men should keep theirs off the neck and ears and pants on women are immodest. Didn't you know? icon_wink.gif

My maternal grandparents were missionaries in Brazil in the early 60's and good friends of Jim Jones, but not members of his flock. (They are still alive!) They are very devout, and I was partially raised with them, since my mom would get pregnant to trap men, and then not know what to do with the child once it started toddling around, she had to work, and her man done run off, lmao! I have lived with every one of my moms' 6 siblings, grandparents, foster care, and children's homes. I met my father when I was 18, he was gone before I was born. And I am very grateful of that, after meeting him!

But as strict as they are, they were actually asked to leave a Holiness Church, since they all wear long sleeves and my grandparents' elbows and wrists were deeply offending the congregation. icon_confused.gif

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:29pm
post #56 of 83

I mean do they think they won't get into heaven if everyone else doesn't? What does it matter to you if I'm going to hell?!

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:30pm
post #57 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle 

My mom refused to come to my wedding because it wasn't in a church. Now that doesn't sound very Christian does it. Unfortunately she didn't keep her promise and came, and ruined the photos. But that's another story.

My mom bucked my grandparents and got married by a woman minister, so my grandparents didn't come! And I don't mind at all if you go off-topic, sounds juicy, lol! icon_wink.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:36pm
post #58 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfandm 

I have a good one, or at least I think. I have a good friend whose other friends I met at a karaoke party one evening. This man was "supposed to be" a trueChristian man, but he never. Talked to anyone, and never participated in anything. So he somehow got my email and started sending me all these emails, yes you guessed it, about the bible and being a better person. So after a year of these emails, I emailed him and asked him to remove me from his email "fan club", at which he replied, 'so sorry you don't want to be saved by Jesus. Your children will burn in the everlasting hell for not doing what you know is the right path in your life. You will be sorry when you get down on your knees before our savior and ask for forgiveness on the day of judgement.' BTW, this Is the direct quote from my email.
So I replied, and my direct answer was, 'how dare you even try to judge me?! You don't even know me or my children, and I have my own beliefs, and have never asked you to preach to me via emails, I have enough spam and trash mail as it is. but since we are talking religion, why don't you take a little bit of your own medicine.

before you pull the splinter out of my eye, pull the timber out of yours. or how about this one, People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. oh, and I've got one more for ya, but it's not located anywhere in any bible, so I will keep this one to myself. You have a great life buddy!

he has not emailed me since then. Yes, I know I have been told I say what I want, and I will probably be judged for that and a lot more one day, but this guy really touched a nerve.

There's my 2 cents.

What he said was terribly offensive, and I applaud you! It kills me that theses people act like that and say those things! They don't know for sure, it is just faith. I would love to see the look on their faces when they die, if it turns out they are wrong! But I hope there is no one to view my face, if I happen to be wrong, lol 

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:37pm
post #59 of 83

Well since you asked - flew over to help her pick out a wedding outfit, very MOB, all ordered and paid for. Day of the wedding, she shows up in a very low cut top and poorly fitted pants that were, lets just say, not 5 star hotel wedding appropriate. Then, in every single photo she's in, and it's a lot, she turned her head away from the camera. Every. Single. One. My inlaws paid for the photos as a gift, and my husband is their only child so this was their one shot at wedding photos. They were devastated when they went to pick them up for us. 

kikiandkyle Posted 7 Mar 2013 , 6:37pm
post #60 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

What he said was terribly offensive, and I applaud you! It kills me that theses people act like that and say those things! They don't know for sure, it is just faith. I would love to see the look on their faces when they die, if it turns out they are wrong! But I hope there is no one to view my face, if I happen to be wrong, lol 

Me either! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%