Bakery For Sale...or Close

Lounge By 520wcdSS Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 6:40pm by SystemMod1

520wcdSS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
520wcdSS Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 4
I have been decorating at this shop for two 1/2 years now, it is where i first started into the cake business and given the opportunity to start decorating wedding cakes a few months in. The owner is closing the end of june. This bakery i believe has so much potential yet has never had the right circumstances or care to move forward. As a cake business it is a preferred place to purchase custom decorated party and specialty cakes, as well as order wedding cakes that are executed well from start to finish for an absurd cheap price. Many of my custom sculpted mad hatter cakes sell for hundreds less than competitors...i dont know why, but im am not the owner...just the decorator. Regardless, the shop is for sale, if it isn't sold, it will just be closed and left to the landlord to do whatever with...if i want to find someone willing to purchase this bakery what is the best way of getting out the word, to everyone, maybe reaching out further than local advertising? A few local bakery owners might be interested if they could be informed. The current owner is not interesting in looking/finding a buyer, basically if someone magically walked in and knew or asked if it was for sale and offered her the right amount she would sell it. Other than that no one knows it is closing, and she isnt informing our site vendors, reception contracted venues, or regular clients of our expiration date...the other employees and myself know. We have all of course started to pursue finding other work, but would LOVE new ownership with a bright outlook on a small local bakery.

*any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

tucson, az
3 replies
lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 6:25pm
post #2 of 4

i'm in tucson.  and i just sent you a private message.  thumbs_up.gif

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 4

i'd think there was probably a good reason it is not being sold

under the current conditions it might not show enough potential

those anchor accounts might be weighing it down?

there's a 'store' here that is like that--it is the quintessential undercutting-est (yet legal-sorta) business i've ever encountered--weirdest most effed up--oops i'm off on a tangent--but this place has accounts that demand so much at the drop of hat for the least amount of money possible no one would buy that place no one ever

why don't you buy it

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 6:40pm
post #4 of 4

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%