How To Get A Metallic Gold Buttercream (Pics Included Rest Of Post)

Decorating By divinecc Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 5:33am by scrumdiddlycakes

divinecc Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:14am
post #1 of 6
5 replies
handymama Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:32am
post #2 of 6

Wowee -- that's a whole lotta gold! Airbrush is certainly the preferred way to go, but you can get it in an aerosol can.

FromScratchSF Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:33am
post #3 of 6

Hello!  Are you asking how to make a cake look like that?  If that's your question, I think only with an airbrush.


Good luck!

divinecc Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 4:08am
post #4 of 6

That's what I figured, guess I am turning it down.  Thank you !

ashleylh18 Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 5:17am
post #5 of 6

AYou could use gold leaf..but that's very expensive. My first airbrush set up was super cheap. You can get a $10 can of compressed air from a hobby shop and an inexpensive hose/canister. It's what I used until I received my fancy pants compressor as a gift. It does the trick and does it well!

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 5:33am
post #6 of 6

I'd try out a can of americolor spray dye, it's pretty much airbrush in a can. They have metallic gold, you can usually get it for about $5.

Quote by @%username% on %date%