Where And How Do You Store All Your Cake Stuff If You Bake From Home?

Decorating By CGrafton Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 4:28am by jason_kraft

CGrafton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CGrafton Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 3:52am
post #1 of 14

AHi,

I'm new to this group and this is my first post! I hope I put it in the right forum. :)

I was organizing my decorating/baking supplies today and I realized I have a lot of stuff and have no idea where to put it. I have a big Rubbermaid type bucket but it's not big enough to hold everything.

So, I was just wondering how and/or where do you store your baking stuff if you bake from home?

Thanks!

13 replies
kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 3:53am
post #2 of 14

I bought a drawer cart from Target this weekend, it was $20 and I just roll it under the counter when I don't need it.

crustdust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:16am
post #4 of 14

AI have drawer carts, tool boxes, and plastic shoe boxes, depending on what it is needed for.

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:25am
post #5 of 14

I started with a cookie tin with a few cutters inside.... now I have taken over two 'spare' rooms with shelves and work tables! you could get one of those fold out tool boxes, they're great for organising tools - but it won't be long till its full and you need another.... and a another, and then a box for your cake pans... and then a shelf and a bookcase..... madhatter.gif

Bev25 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bev25 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 10:28am
post #6 of 14

I found that a fishing tackle box is perfect for small cutters and modelling tools :)

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 7:10pm
post #7 of 14

My DH built me a cabinet tailored to cake toy bins and rolling pins 2 years ago but it's pretty stuffed so I have requested another. On the spring to do list.   I have to come up with a design that suits my needs and fits in the house :)  Until then, I been looking at getting a couple of drawer carts so I can keep things centralized.

Roseyrod Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Roseyrod Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 7:28pm
post #8 of 14

I have a walk-in pantry and so the left side I have all my different shaped pans organized on some of the shelves, then I have some plastic pull out drawers I bought in Targets that fit into the shelves and I have organized my cookie cutters, tools for when I work with fondant, edible writing markers, etc. I have clear plastic shoe boxes where I put my candy melts in their bags according to color. Then I have a side for cake drums and last but not least my sugar, flour, etc.

It's all a matter of figuring out what you use and how you are going to organize it so it is accesable when you need it and then remembering to put it all back in its designated spot.

ibeeflower Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibeeflower Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:43pm
post #9 of 14

I have a couple of rolling bins from Target also. I separate my items by drawers. One for sprinkles, one for cookie cutters, ribbons, etc. Then I have a bookcase-type shelving system my dad made for me. I put my boxes, cake pans, flours, sugars, extracts, and stuff like that. Otherwise I'd go crazy digging through one big bin.

Cupcakegirl2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcakegirl2005 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 8:46pm
post #10 of 14

my husband put me in some extra cabinets, but i'm still taking over other areas in the house

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 12:12am
post #11 of 14

I have a closet with 6 very deep shelves.  It's my cake closet.  It's always a disorganized mess, despite my constant efforts.  Thank goodness there is a door on this closet! I store my supplies in boxes that were shipment boxes from Amazon and cake supply places.  

dynee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dynee Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 12:51am
post #12 of 14

Ooo-Oooo-Oooo I got this one.  I have a walk in closet that I just moved everything out of but my cake stuff.  in there I have a little dresser and two open shelf units on either side....BUT If I were "serious" about it I would have splurged at Sears before Christmas.  They had the SWEETest HOT PINK mechanics rolling tool chest set I would have killed for. 

littlemrslarge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlemrslarge Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 3:21am
post #13 of 14

Mine are organized in small/medium Rubbermaid-type boxes and stashed on top of our kitchen cabinets, along with most of my pans.  I work out of a 6'x8' kitchen (i.e. TINY) so there is no storage space for my cake things.  I can't wait until we move to a real house with space!!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 6 Mar 2013 , 4:28am
post #14 of 14

AWe built a custom cabinet in our garage (luckily it is right next to the kitchen), it fits most of our supplies with the exception of several large plastic bins of cookie cutters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%