Wholesale Contract

Business By agconner Updated 4 Mar 2013 , 10:51pm by scrumdiddlycakes

agconner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
agconner Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 8:24pm
post #1 of 3

AHello everyone, I was woundering if anyone used a contract when it comes to wholesale. I am starting my business and I have three gift shops lined up to receive weekly delivers and was woundering if I should have them sign a contract. If anyone uses one and would be willing to share what terms you included that would be great!

Thanks Amanda

2 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 10:46pm
post #2 of 3

AIf you are selling wholesale you should absolutely have a contract with each customer. The terms will vary depending on the laws in your state and your specific situation, so I recommend contacting an attorney with a background in contract law to write something up for you. Make sure you understand each clause in the contract so you can explain what it means and why it is in the contract if necessary.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 3

Everything Jason said, mine wasn't all that expensive, and the lawyer explained it all and also gave me a copy with each section broken down, explaining what everything means.

I won't sell to a couple local coffee shops, I wouldn't even consider it without a contract.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%