How Do You Make A Whisk, Slotted Spoon, Chef Kitchen Tools Out Of Gumpaste/fondant?

Decorating By LauraLovesCake Updated 22 Sep 2013 , 8:06pm by LauraLovesCake

LauraLovesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraLovesCake Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 6:24am
post #1 of 3

I have to make a Chef's Hat Cake (hat will be top layer,  2 - layer cake with tableclothe. That is not the problem. How do you make a Whisk, Slotted spoon, Knife and any other Chef tools out of gumpaste/fondant?

Any suggestions and help would be GREATLY appreciated!!   Thanks to all!!

2 replies
GixxerChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:38pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLovesCake 

I have to make a Chef's Hat Cake (hat will be top layer,  2 - layer cake with tableclothe. That is not the problem. How do you make a Whisk, Slotted spoon, Knife and any other Chef tools out of gumpaste/fondant?

Any suggestions and help would be GREATLY appreciated!!   Thanks to all!!

Not sure how tiny these tools have to be but........My first thought for a "whisk".....blow up a small oblong shaped balloon just until firm...use royal icing to pipe thick lines (for sturdiness) in the shape of the wired end of the whisk....let this dry completely before deflating the balloon.  Now, like I said, this was what just comes to mind, I've never tried it.  A Slotted spoon should be relatively easy...using fondant or gumpaste, cut an oval shape....cut "slots" out of the center of it and lay it to dry on something rounded to get the shape.

LauraLovesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LauraLovesCake Posted 22 Sep 2013 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you for your reply. Sorry posting so late. I appreciate it!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%