Freezing Cupcakes

Baking By learningtodecorate Updated 5 Mar 2013 , 1:38am by tracybn3

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 4:15am
post #1 of 5

AI was wondering if anyone on here can tell me if you can bake then freeze cupcakes in the cupcake liners. If so how? Thanks for any help anyone can give.:-)

4 replies
cookielvr13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookielvr13 Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 4:27am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

I would wrap them really well in plastic wrap and even perhaps putting those into a freezer bag. I don't know for sure about any condensation that may develop when you bring them back to room temp though.

Maybe upon defrosting them, leave them out unwrapped. Although any moisture in them will more than likely dampen the liners.

I would suggest looking into more durable liners than the usual paper ones.

LovelyCakes4Us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LovelyCakes4Us Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 5:41am
post #3 of 5

AI recently had the same question so I did a little test to find out myself (as I normally do lol) I'm VERY picky with how my product taste, anyways.. I froze a dozen in a big tub with a tight lid, another dozen in a big zip lock bag (double bagged) took them both out to un thaw the other day.. Took about a half hour to a hour and they where very fresh I was surprised! I froze them for three weeks. HTH!

learningtodecorate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
learningtodecorate Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 5

AThank you very much

tracybn3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracybn3 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 1:38am
post #5 of 5

I freeze mine all the time in a freezer ziploc bag with as much air drawn out as possible. Occasionally my vanilla butter recipe cupcakes pull away from the liner but most other flavors do very well. Always fresh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%