Cupcake Cake

Decorating By itstash Updated 3 Mar 2013 , 5:18am by rowantree

itstash Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itstash Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 4:57am
post #1 of 2

Hello everyone,

I'm making one for a friend and using the Wilton cupcake pan. The colours Im using is creamy white for the base and hot pink for the top. 

I'm hoping someone can share some of their wisdom/experience in covering and decorating a cupcake cake.

Thanks in advance.

:-)

1 reply
rowantree Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rowantree Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 5:18am
post #2 of 2

I made one of these cakes when I first got the pan, and found it difficult to frost with all the waves and swirls built in.  Next time, I'll carve out some of the bottom to make a filling cavity--like an "O" around the circumference center, rather than a hole in the middle, kind of bundt-tunnel-like--and fill it with a gelatiny-chiffon-ish fruity filling--otherwise it's a very thick chunk of plain cake.

Then, I'll melt a sufficient amount of good chocolate (regular or white) and wither dip or flip over and pour the chocolate over the bottom, so I don't have to actually try to use a spatula to frost all those in-and-out parts. 

Then, I'll maybe torte the top and fill it with either whipped ganache, or a similar flavor of fruity filling, and pipe on a nice buttercream for the top, not too thick.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%