Bakery Craft Airbrush Troubles--Help!

Decorating By Cakemommy2012 Updated 5 Mar 2013 , 6:39am by LisaBerczel

Cakemommy2012 Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 1:23am
post #1 of 5

Hi, does anyone have a Bakery Craft Airbrush gun?  I got one without the manual and have searched the internet for troubleshooting help and have came up empty handed.  Generally I have troubleshot and fixed most issues I've had with the gun by "tinkering" with it. 

My problem I'm having currently is, even after I have take it apart, clean it, etc it still sprays when I'm not pulling the lever.  I'm completely stumped!  I have checked the compresser and it seems to be fine-- the issue is the gun.  It generally blows out a small amount of air but as of now I can fill the cavity and it will spray all of it before I ever touch it.  Any advice is appreciated!  I have searched the forums here and haven't seen this issue presented yet either! 

4 replies
cazza1 Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 2:29am
post #2 of 5

Have you tried getting in contact with the company that makes it?

howsweet Posted 3 Mar 2013 , 3:25am
post #3 of 5

I have one, but not with that problem. It may have to do with the position of the needle or that the needle fell out? Good luck.

Cakemommy2012 Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:08am
post #4 of 5

Thanks! I may have to try calling Bakery Craft.  I 've tried everything else!  LOL 

LisaBerczel Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:39am
post #5 of 5

If the airbrush is spraying color without you touching the trigger, then the needle is not properly seated into the fluid nozzle.

If the airbrush did not always do this, then you probably have:

1) a chunk of color keeping the needle from being set al the way forward.

2) a loose needle chuck that's allowing the needle to slip back.

3) a stuck or sticky trigger may actually be engaging the airbrush.

4) a split fluid nozzle which needs to be replaced.

Shoving the needle hard against the fluid nozzle does not solve the problem - in fact it could excellerate the normal wear and tear on the fluid nozzle.

Cleaning tips:

1) Run airbrush cleaner through the airbrush again being sure to backbubble.

2) Loosen the chucking nut so you can pull the needle back further than normal while spraying. This allows you to spray full-open. (Be sure to not pull the needle too far back past the rear packing).

3) Turn your air pressure up if you can. This also helps blow out any clog.

4) If you have an ultrasonic jewelry cleaner, you can remove the needle and submerge just the air-cap covered nozzle into cleaning solution and and deep clean. (Do NOT let liquid get into the air valve or trigger area.

Troubleshoot with spraying water at the start of a session before you move on to color.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%