Canadian Question On Importing

Business By motherofgrace Updated 5 Mar 2013 , 6:50pm by motherofgrace

motherofgrace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
motherofgrace Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all!

I was wondering how I would go about ordering supplies (aka sugar craft and global sugar art) for use in my toronto store?

What do I have to do? Is there anything special? Thanks :D

5 replies
scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 9:48pm
post #2 of 6

Call the suppliers directly, even if they don't have an option to order to Canada on their website, they will quite often take the order over the phone.

You'll probably have to pay customs on delivery, I always had to.

Or, if you're in a border town, sign up with a mailing service, and send the supplies there, then drive them across the border. Customs still applies, but you usually save tons on delivery.

motherofgrace Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:42pm
post #3 of 6

I ment more the legalities of writing things off. I know how to order from the states lol

Izzy Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 6

I create a PO and keep it in the file for the months receipts with the PO stapled to the receipt and then I give to my accountant.

Izzy Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:47pm
post #5 of 6

Keep everything because sometimes things we would never think to be a write off are. I had no clue for a long time that my parking slips because I have to pay for parking near my shop were a writeoff (not huge) but every cent counts. Also if they want to Audit you, you will have all your ducks in a row. Claim everything

motherofgrace Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:50pm
post #6 of 6

ok so my biggest concern was i couldnt do it at all. This is great, thanks izzy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%