I Can't Help But Be Really Irritated By This...

Lounge By GixxerChick Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 12:56am by jason_kraft

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 2:08am
post #61 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Good grief!! Why am I not surprised? I am so sick of the whiny little babies with entitlement issues! "Boo hoo, I got my widdle bitty pwecious feewings hurted! It's not enough that I come here and asked the damnedest dumbest questions on the face of the earth, and suck the fun out of cakecentral but then I gotta be a tattle tale-ing little bewitch." I have been on here for years and years and and have flagged SPAM!

OMG! I am so flagging this! Those are blatant personal attacks against people with no common sense.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 2:11am
post #62 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 

Now where can I get a free pattern for an appendectomy?

You don't need one, just start, and if you mess up you can ask for help on answers.yahoo! Everyone has to start somewhere, just don't let the naysayers get you down. You can do it!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 2:22am
post #63 of 184

Er - are you licensed to perform that surgery? You know that legal surgeons are going poor because of illegal surgeons like you undercutting (ha!) them.

Also my customer doesn't want me to use a scalpel. They said it has to be a fork or nothing. 

crustdust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crustdust Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 2:23am
post #64 of 184

AOkay, I need your BEST recipe for cupcakes with Champagne in them. Or otherwise I have to finish this bottle by myself. Please anyone? Your BEST recipe. NOW!

LKing12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LKing12 Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 2:31am
post #65 of 184

True story:  I took Wilton classes at Hobby Lobby.  The second class of the first series, one of the students was going around giving people her name and number and telling a lady in the wedding isle that she was available to do a wedding cake.  I just cringed!

crustdust Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 2:33am
post #66 of 184

A

Original message sent by LKing12

True story:  I took Wilton classes at Hobby Lobby.  The second class of the first series, one of the students was going around giving people her name and number and telling a lady in the wedding isle that she was available to do a wedding cake.  I just cringed!

No way!

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 3:05am
post #67 of 184

Agghhh icon_cry.gif pplease don't do this to me, you're hurting my feelings, I love CC and everyone, I love the tutorials, I love all your beautiful  pictures, I can only wish, but I will still be a newbieicon_twisted.gif

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 3:14am
post #68 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustdust 

Okay, I need your BEST recipe for cupcakes with Champagne in them. Or otherwise I have to finish this bottle by myself. Please anyone? Your BEST recipe. NOW!

Your example fails for two reasons:

1) You didn't say "HELP!!!"

2) You used the word "please".

The "NOW!" however was spot on.

crustdust Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 3:19am
post #69 of 184

A

Original message sent by cakeyouverymuch

No wonder no one HELPS me NOW :( guess I'll keep drinking ;)

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 3:22am
post #70 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by crustdust 

Okay, I need your BEST recipe for cupcakes with Champagne in them. Or otherwise I have to finish this bottle by myself. Please anyone? Your BEST recipe. NOW!

Use a box mix and replace the liquid with the booze. Everyone will love it. I am a little appalled at your use of the word please though... Usually the really desperate people don't stoop to being polite.

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 4:49am
post #71 of 184

AHELP!!!

I've fallen and I can't get up. Or perhaps my cake has fallen. Or maybe it's just my bustline.

Whatever it is, I need your help. NOW!!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 5:09am
post #72 of 184

Now! Anyone? Bump!

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 7:00am
post #73 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked 

HELP!!!

I've fallen and I can't get up. Or perhaps my cake has fallen. Or maybe it's just my bustline.

Whatever it is, I need your help. NOW!!

You read my mind! I was going to post that. We should have a medic alert for cakes.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 7:57am
post #74 of 184

ALol. I am somewhat a newbie to posting in this forum but not so much a newbie to caking. I totally get why some of the new threads drive you bonkers (the really crazy ones irritate me too). I hope I was never guilty of those when I first started posting!

Nellas22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nellas22 Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 8:32am
post #75 of 184

I am a total newbie to the site, and even I got annoyed at a post asking for "your best recipe" the other day. I would never presume that somebody would just "give" me something. I love googling for recipes or tips. I was a lurker on this site for ages too, looking at different peoples' ideas and picking up the odd hint and tip here and there.

I also have been asked to do a 4 tier wedding cake for somebody next year, which I am pooping myself at, however, I would never dream of coming on here and asking how it's done. I'll instead be treating the family to a number of tiered cakes as I try, try and try again to perfect it - surely that's the idea of baking?

Thank to all the experienced bakers for all their hints and tips, it really is very much appreciated, and I hope one day I can help others!!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 8:49am
post #76 of 184

It's no wonder you are fallen cake people.  You should have asked for HELP in drinking the bottle of champagne.  I know, we were too slow with the BEST champagne cupcake recipe but gee wizz you could have waited longer that 2 minutes before you polished off the champagne.  Next time really STRESS that you need the recipe RIGHT NOW  in your mind before posting and that way the vibes might cross the ether to us and we can send the recipe at the same time as you post.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 8:53am
post #77 of 184

Ohh and I think a few lobotomies would be more useful than appendectomies at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I take that back.  People would then have to look up their own answers rather than expecting you to look them up for them.

GixxerChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 11:43am
post #78 of 184

Wow...I've not been on in a couple days and I come back to 72 comments on my post.  I wonder how many people I pissed off??  Well, I better get to reading all of the above...

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 11:50am
post #79 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I for one, am horrified by how callous and rude you all are being! Especially you, GixxerChick (if that is your REAL name!) you start a thread for your hate mongering rather than just ignoring all the stupid questions the precious darlings are untrusting us all to answer? Where is your giving spirit and generosity? Don't you know that since you have paid your dues, learned from other bakers, (since you couldn't possibly have learned anything on your own) that it should your PRIVILEGE and RESPONSIBILITY to PASS THE TORCH to the newbies????

SMDH.....

Funny....As soon as I began reading this, I KNEW it was that sarcastic humor of yours that most people don't get!  I love you Annabakescakes!!!!    LOL

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 11:57am
post #80 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinmauk2 

Em, but EVERYONE has to start with someone's wedding cake, don't they?

lol  Preferrably not without making several "practice" wedding cakes for your own family first.icon_biggrin.gif

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 11:58am
post #81 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Leave it to Jason to want to debate and defend in a thread meant to blow off steam.  icon_rolleyes.gif

And I must say....I'm glad I posted this....looks like I've given several others the opportunity to "blow off some steam" as well. 

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:01pm
post #82 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinmauk2 

I can't modify my last post; let me clarify. One wedding cake has to be someone's first wedding cake. Every baker has a first wedding cake. They can start with birthday cakes, etc, but those aren't wedding cakes, you get?

It's perfectly OK for one Wedding cake to be someones first...provided they're not selling it to a bride.  Although the first wedding cake I made was pretty good...there's no way in hell I'd ever think of actually selling it...or even giving it to a new Bride on her wedding day!!  Just sayin'.

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:06pm
post #83 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason_kraft 

Debating (and in general helping people out on CC and other forums) is how I blow off steam. If having an on-topic debate is against the forum rules you are free to report my posts to the moderators for removal.

Personally, I've always thought that a good, friendly debate is good for the soul. :)  It's healthy to see something from someone else's perspective once in a while. 

ChanelFreyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChanelFreyer Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:08pm
post #84 of 184

Let's be fair, we all had to learn from somewhere.  Some of us use the smart way some use the lazy way, sometimes I use both ( because I can ). One thing the more seasoned bakers should realize about this social media thing is that stupid now has a voice! 

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:13pm
post #85 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemMod1 

Members,

Since there seems to be confusion here, let me set things straight.

This is the Lounge.  Off topic discussions, de-railing threads and debates are totally allowed.  Your observations about one member or another is allowed.  Making a post about your observation about another member is allowed.  Just about every post in this thread has been flagged because some of you are taking "personal attacks" to mean anyone disagreeing with you or another member.  That is NOT a personal attack.  

Some of you are flagging stuff because you've been busted for making a personal attack in the past so now you feel everyone should be busted.  I'm not going to tell you not to flag, but don't be surprised if nothing happens because of it.  

Bottom line:  this is the Lounge.  As long as there is no name calling (which is a personal attack) and as long as there is no hostility towards each other, Cake Central, or nameless-faceless people, carry on.

As the original poster of this thread....Is it strange that I take some sort of Pride in this message from the Moderator??  After all, I was just venting.  icon_biggrin.gif

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:15pm
post #86 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeyouverymuch 

LOL

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:19pm
post #87 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellas22 

I am a total newbie to the site, and even I got annoyed at a post asking for "your best recipe" the other day. I would never presume that somebody would just "give" me something. I love googling for recipes or tips. I was a lurker on this site for ages too, looking at different peoples' ideas and picking up the odd hint and tip here and there. I also have been asked to do a 4 tier wedding cake for somebody next year, which I am pooping myself at, however, I would never dream of coming on here and asking how it's done. I'll instead be treating the family to a number of tiered cakes as I try, try and try again to perfect it - surely that's the idea of baking? Thank to all the experienced bakers for all their hints and tips, it really is very much appreciated, and I hope one day I can help others!!

Let me clarify....my original post was not meant to point fingers at any one particular member or any one particular posting.  It was merely to vent my pre-coffee frustrations at "nameless, faceless" posts that I find rather annoying in my said pre-coffee state of mind. 

PS - Consider this my Disclaimer.

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:21pm
post #88 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

Ohh and I think a few lobotomies would be more useful than appendectomies at the moment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I take that back.  People would then have to look up their own answers rather than expecting you to look them up for them.

I think I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy!!!!  :)

GixxerChick Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:24pm
post #89 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChanelFreyer 

Let's be fair, we all had to learn from somewhere.  Some of us use the smart way some use the lazy way, sometimes I use both ( because I can ). One thing the more seasoned bakers should realize about this social media thing is that stupid now has a voice! 

"Stupid" should learn to google.  :)

AmandaZ2013 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaZ2013 Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:54pm
post #90 of 184

ABut google wont tell me which recipes are the BEST!

I'm only a beginner and joined to read and learn as I am making my daughter's first birthday cake this week.

I have been shocked at some of the basic questions asked. I'm surprised I haven't come across "I've never baked a cake before but I'm making my own wedding cake and it's for this weekend, can you tell me the best recipe to use and where you buy the tins and how do I get that colourful icing and the cakes all stacked real pretty like, because it's just a cake so it can't be too hard and I don't want to pay someone to make it"

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%