I Can't Help But Be Really Irritated By This...

Lounge By GixxerChick Updated 6 Mar 2013 , 12:56am by jason_kraft

GixxerChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GixxerChick Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 1:29pm
post #151 of 184

I'm curious to see how Jason and others would answer those questions above ^^^^^^^

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 2:29pm
post #152 of 184

Strange how most of those questions are basic cake making and decorating ones...not much to do with tiered cakes. I would suggest she do some more "self-teaching". Oh, and don't offer chocolate mousse, MMF flowers or vanilla buttercream if you don't know how to make them icon_rolleyes.gif

AMACakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AMACakes Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 3:15pm
post #153 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by GixxerChick 

Oh Wooow!!  OK, I just came across the perfect example of what I've been ranting about. Why?  Just please tell me why people do this.  icon_cry.gif

Not sure if this is allowed, but I'm sure the mod will let me know...

Names have been removed to protect the identity of the OP.

" I am making a wedding cake for a good friend of mine next month. I am self taught so I really don't know all the BEST tips and tricks to making a tiered wedding cake. I have a few things that I would love answered if any of you could please help me! :)

Details:

- 200 people attending

- I want to make a vanilla three tiered cake (12", 9", 6" - 2 cakes split for each layer) and sheet cakes (15" by 19") with chocolate mousse filling and vanilla buttercream frosting

Questions:

1. How many sheet cakes will I need to make in addition to the tiered cake to feed 200 people?

2. What is an AWESOME but easy chocolate mousse recipe for the filling between layers, something that will hold up well?

3. What is a basic timeline for when to start the cake, what to make on certain days, etc.

4. Transportation of both tiered cake and sheet cakes (Best ways - will I need to assemble at the venue? Do I take the the sheet cakes out of the pan or keep them in?)

5. What is a great vanilla buttercream recipe that will hold up without sweating and getting too soft

6. I am making a marshmallow fondant ruffle flower topper and would like to know how to make it so it doesn't dry out and look cracked? Is there anything to add to my marshmallow fondant, or a completely different recipe so it holds up and looks smooth?

7. What is the best way to secure real ribbon to the bottom of each tier, without it going through the ribbon itself?"

OMG In all honesty she is in WAY over her head even if it is for a friend.

All of these questions have been answered again and again on this site. That's why this site is so awesome. It's a wealth of information. People are really just too stupid and lazy to search for them.

Like GixxerChick and the many others who have posted these posts irritate me too. This friend is going to be so disappointed in her wedding cake it's unreal. I see a food fight at the wedding....anyone? LOL

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 3:39pm
post #154 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norasmom 

Help!  I'm doing surgery tomorrow.  Can anyone tell me how to use a scalpel?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!   icon_lol.gif

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 3:43pm
post #155 of 184

No copying and pasting from real posts, please.  This thread is already somewhat mean spirited, I can't allow it to go further into the weeds like that.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 3:56pm
post #156 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

Shanter, would I be right in suspecting that you helped drink the aforementioned champagne, maybe all by yourself?

Ummmm......champagne? Does that have alcohol in it or something?

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:03pm
post #157 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanter 

Ummmm......champagne? Does that have alcohol in it or something?

lol that pic just scared me in the 'newest cake' uploads banner on the home page!! ..........the thoughts that went through my mind............ I almost thought someone was asking; "I have a cake due tomorrow, cute hamster theme- how do I make this (attached image) in RKT??"

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:08pm
post #158 of 184

I think it's silly (and misleading) that pix in posts show up as "newest cakes" since a lot of them are pix of cakes brides have given them, or someone else, and who knows who made it?

I'd use modeling chocolate. Would have trouble making the glass with blown sugar!

Hope you've recovered from your fright.  icon_smile.gif

SystemMod1 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:18pm
post #159 of 184

It's a glitch.

peppercorns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peppercorns Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:31pm
post #160 of 184

I have made a lot of mistakes while learning to bake, before baking 101 , I packed my flour, never sift, use cold butter,eggs right out of the  fridge, beat by hand bec I thought kitchen aid is just for more accomplished baker, iced cakes from a can,and I baked my one two year old a birthday cake. She used her birthday cake like play dough, I was horrified, my best creation! I was so traumatized, it took another twenty years to venture on cake baking again, thanks to eHow and excellent suggestions from seasoned bakers thru CC forums, and now that I have retired from fixing 10 inch nails thru the boots, to sorting out mangled bodies in trauma, baking is a welcome relief, the right way this time, with a lot of patient teaching from seasoned bakers, thank you all.

GixxerChick Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 4:52pm
post #161 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by SystemMod1 

No copying and pasting from real posts, please.  This thread is already somewhat mean spirited, I can't allow it to go further into the weeds like that.

OK, I deserved that.  I kinda figured I'd get nabbed for the whole copy/paste thing, but mean spirited?  Really?  I thought the thread had been kept pretty light hearted. Just venting our frustrations in a rather humorous way.  Guess that just goes to show how badly misconstrued the written word can be sometimes. icon_confused.gif

Izzy Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:00pm
post #162 of 184
Quote:

OK, I deserved that.  I kinda figured I'd get nabbed for the whole copy/paste thing, but mean spirited?  Really?  I thought the thread had been kept pretty light hearted. Just venting our frustrations in a rather humorous way.  Guess that just goes to show how badly misconstrued the written word can be sometimes. icon_confused.gif

See what I speak is the truth lmao hahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pass the champagne please

GixxerChick Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:15pm
post #163 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy Sweet 

See what I speak is the truth lmao hahahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pass the champagne please

LOL Pour me a glass would ya?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:28pm
post #164 of 184

WHY, OH WHY??? Isn't there a "LIKE" button???

GixxerChick Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:31pm
post #165 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

icon_biggrin.gif"LIKE" thumbs_up.gif

Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:31pm
post #166 of 184
Quote:

Maybe that should be the next update CC should do. It would save so many so much time. I read through comments and just want to hit like all the time.. CC are you hearing us, I know big brother is watching, PUT A LIKE BUTTON ON THESE POSTS!!!!!!

Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:32pm
post #167 of 184

Or you could just do what Gixxer just did lmao

SystemMod1 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:38pm
post #168 of 184

Generally speaking, if you have a thread basically making fun of people that post on this site, then yes, pretty mean spirited.  But so far harmless- and as long as you all continue to keep specifics vague and keep the comedy coming, I'm letting it go on.

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:46pm
post #169 of 184
Quote:

icon_biggrin.gif"LIKE" thumbs_up.gif

Quote:

Maybe that should be the next update CC should do. It would save so many so much time. I read through comments and just want to hit like all the time.. CC are you hearing us, I know big brother is watching, PUT A LIKE BUTTON ON THESE POSTS!!!!!!

Quote:

Or you could just do what Gixxer just did lmao

LOL! We have been asking for a like button as long as I have been on here. It won't happen. I like the "thanks" and "awards" you can get, too. from other forums. Or some, you can choose, "helpful" "funny" or whatever.

Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:49pm
post #170 of 184
Quote:

LOL! We have been asking for a like button as long as I have been on here. It won't happen. I like the "thanks" and "awards" you can get, too. from other forums. Or some, you can choose, "helpful" "funny" or whatever.

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:55pm
post #171 of 184

AI seriously L'd OL!

GixxerChick Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:56pm
post #172 of 184
Quote:

Generally speaking, if you have a thread basically making fun of people that post on this site, then yes, pretty mean spirited.  But so far harmless- and as long as you all continue to keep specifics vague and keep the comedy coming, I'm letting it go on.

You're absolutely right.  I can totally see how my "copy / paste" was seen as mean-spirited.  It really was just meant as an example of my original reason for starting the thread (which was not to make fun of people, but rather to vent my own frustration). However...I get it.

Duly noted

Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 5:59pm
post #173 of 184

You ladies make my only day off on my comfy couch very amusing, Just what I needed

SystemMod1 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:06pm
post #174 of 184

Want a "LIKE" button?

BUY A MAGAZINE.

Annabakescakes Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:13pm
post #175 of 184
Quote:

Want a "LIKE" button?

BUY A MAGAZINE.

Not sure what this has to do with the price of tea in china, but you did remind me that the CC magazines I bought won't open.... I should've taken the hint when it wouldn't even give me a buy button while I was logged in, so I logged out, bought them, and added a new log-in with my business email to them. I would like my $45 back!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:38pm
post #176 of 184

AMagazine sales = website maintainance + new features.

Problems with magazines, please post a thread in the magazine forum. That's above my pay scale.

Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:42pm
post #177 of 184

Funny I was going to ask about the magazine and if it was worth the purchase.. I hate to waste money and I have read some posts on here about people not getting their subscription even though it is paid for.. I might just buy one if I can get a like button  lmao.

Sparklekat6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sparklekat6 Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:47pm
post #178 of 184
Quote:

Want a "LIKE" button?

BUY A MAGAZINE.

Maybe some transparency.  I don't need a magazine to give you funding for a like button, or for a very restricted "price this cake" app.  Perhaps you can set up a fund on kick-starter and we can all throw in 5 bucks.  Honestly it shouldn't cost that much.  Run it past your IT peeps and let us know and we can see how much money we can raise to make that happen. 

Izzy Sweet Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 6:50pm
post #179 of 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklekat6 

Maybe some transparency.  I don't need a magazine to give you funding for a like button, or for a very restricted "price this cake" app.  Perhaps you can set up a fund on kick-starter and we can all throw in 5 bucks.  Honestly it shouldn't cost that much.  Run it past your IT peeps and let us know and we can see how much money we can raise to make that happen. 

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 5 Mar 2013 , 7:02pm
post #180 of 184

AI thought the whole point of outsourcing the forum software to Huddler was to avoid costs for internal development of new features? Other Huddler forums already have a "like" button so it should just be a matter of flipping a switch in the software.

Unless Huddler has a la carte pricing for each individual feature?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%