Funfetti Cakes

Lounge By milkmonkey Updated 4 Mar 2013 , 12:59am by ibeeflower

milkmonkey Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 10:50am
post #1 of 4

I am not sure this is the right place to post this but I buy loads of baking/cooking magazines and I am so sick of seeing funfetti cakes. I am not even sure why they disgust me so much no logical reason at all. I JUST hate them and wish this fad would wear off fast... Thankfully I bake for fun and no one is going to ask me make one:-) 

3 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 11:48am
post #2 of 4

Are you talking about the cakes with sprinkles IN the batter?  Or the cakes that are completely coated in sprinkles on the outside?  I haven't seen much of the former in any magazine, but I am seeing a lot of the latter.  There are several on CC today.  I don't mind them either way.

milkmonkey Posted 2 Mar 2013 , 12:00pm
post #3 of 4

The one with the sprinkles in the batter and in the magazines it seems to be on the outside of the cake too. Like I said its not a logical reason behind it at all just my personal hatred of it.... all the pictures I see of them the batter looks messy again just my personal opinion.

ibeeflower Posted 4 Mar 2013 , 12:59am
post #4 of 4

I like the one with sprinkles IN the batter because it doesn't stay crunchy. Now, coating the cake with sprinkles does bother me because I hate the crunchiness of sprinkles. I don't top my ice cream with sprinkles either. Personal preference :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%