shebaben Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 2:10pm

Making small jewels for a cake w isomalt.  It worked perfectly and I was so excited! Drections say to pour the extra in puddles, then store them airtight until you're ready to reheat to use. I did all that. But now I can't get rid of little foamy bubbles in the reheated batch. Heated in microwave at 5 second intervals till about 340 degrees...still can't get them out.  Now trying to heat them in a 250 degree oven. Also, would a blue silicone mold react differently than the plastic hard candy molds? Please help!!!! These must be on a cake in 48 hours!  Thanks...PAT

3 replies
Omas Cakes Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 8:56pm

AI found after you heat the Isomalt you have to let it set for the bubbles to disburse. Then pour it into your mold. If you get a bubble in the mold use a pin to pop it right after you pour it. I used a blue silicone mold and had no problems. HTH

shebaben Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 1:41am

Thanks, Oma.I will try that with my next reheated batch...

icer101 Posted 1 Mar 2013 , 1:45am

when i made some isomalt butterflies, i use the wilton measuring cups , next to the smallest one,  i think. Melted the isomalt in the cups, let set for just a little and the bubbles went away and then poured right into the silicone butterfly mold. hth

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%