Baking By SuperCuteCookie Updated 19 Apr 2013 , 2:44pm by SuperCuteCookie

SuperCuteCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SuperCuteCookie Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 2:07am
post #1 of 16
15 replies
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 2:49am
post #2 of 16

Awww.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009D75WW2/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?creative=395105&creativeASIN=B009D75WW2&linkCode=asn&ref_=asc_df_B009D75WW22406618&smid=ACT3FLG3CYS9V&tag=dealtmp758957-20. Im not sure if these are exactly what you are looking for

kazita Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 3:39am
post #3 of 16

AI read a old post on here where a lady used a scrapbook punch to punch out small butterflies ....she rolled out fondant to the thickness needed let it harden for a couple of minutes than punched out small butterflies. I know I have a small butterfly punch not sure where I bought it but I would look at micheals or hobby lobby.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 3:57am
post #4 of 16

Love the punches! Works very well with thinly rolled gp or fondant. Must be thin and uniformly rolled though.

AZCouture Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 3:58am
post #5 of 16

Ok but that one in the pic looks like a small plunger butterfly, sold in sets of three. If you push down all the way, it embosses an image too, but this isn't embossed.

AZCouture Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 3:59am
post #6 of 16

http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/600239609_1/Wholesale-font-b-Fondant-b-font-font-b-Cake-b-font-font-b-Decorating-b-font.jpg  Well, I think it is a punch now that I think of it. Doesn't look like these at all.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 1:01pm
post #7 of 16

It could be a polymer clay cutter.  Look it the Sculpy/Clay modeling isle of your craft store.  I've ween very tiny butterfly shaped cutters.  they are smaller than the punch cutters shown here.  And they have no design on them.  It really just looks like a tiny cookie cutter.

Good Luck

SuperCuteCookie Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 3:40am
post #8 of 16

AHi everyone! Thank you for all your help and advice! After searching the Internet non stop! I finally found that it was a scrapbook punches that was used to cut these tiny butterflies. As Kazita said you roll out the fondant or gumpaste very thin and you leave it out to dry and then you do the punch. I hope this helps! :D

kazita Posted 29 Mar 2013 , 4:05am
post #9 of 16

AOh wow cool I never have tried it I read it on here somewhere wow I have so many punches ....Thanks for getting back to us good to know.

RedInLove Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RedInLove Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 4:47am
post #10 of 16

It looks like the Stampin' Up embossing plate:

http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=118138

I think it's the striped butterfly at the bottom right, and the little one in the top left.

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 4 Apr 2013 , 3:53pm
post #11 of 16

Can anyone tell me what brand and style punches you like?  Thanks.

Lucky cookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lucky cookie Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 7:27pm
post #12 of 16

I know this is late but I was looking for the same small butterfly cutter.  I think what you want is a Linzer cookie cutter.  Just google Linzer butterfly cutter.  You want the Spring set.

kazita Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:03pm
post #13 of 16

A

Original message sent by Kathy107

Can anyone tell me what brand and style punches you like?  Thanks.

I don't even know the actual name brands of all my scrapbook punches, I bought most of them st either a scrapbook store or the scrapbook isle of the craft stores I go to.

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:50pm
post #14 of 16

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1301634/a/1302634/my-friend-tragically-lost-her-baby-last-year-aged-just-18-days-old-tomorrow-would-have-been-isabellas-first-birthday-and-my-friend-asked-me-if-id-make-a-cake-as-they-still-intend-to-commemorate-the-day/

I bought a tiny butterfly punch from Hobbycraft and used it on the cake I've linked to above.

I used gum paste which I rolled paper thin and then left it for a few minutes to go 'leathery' before using.

Suzanne x

Babbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babbo Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 10:20am
post #15 of 16

Ahh tricky try ebay?

SuperCuteCookie Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 2:44pm
post #16 of 16

Hi everyone! Sorry that I have been away, life has been a little crazy lately. Any how... I am a big believer of helping people out, therefore I wanted to share the brand that I purchased for those tiny butterflies.

Beware they are so cute! I purchase two sizes:

Tiny one you can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00074I7C2/?tag=cakecentral-20+punches

Smaller one you can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0018N9FOA/?tag=cakecentral-20+punches

I hope this helps anyone that is looking for tiny butterfly cutters and I would like to thank everyone that reached out to me with a response! Your help was much appreciated!

Jany

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%