Bmw Cake

Decorating By missvicks05 Updated 27 Feb 2013 , 3:23pm by missvicks05

missvicks05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missvicks05 Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, my very first threat on CC. I have an order from a customer to make a BMW logo cake. Just a regular round cake with the logo on top. This is my first cake recreating an existing logo so I'm a bit nervous because I want it to look as authentic as possible. 

Does anyone know which letter cutouts I can use that will closely resembly the BMW letters?

Does anyone know which colours I can mix to create the BMW blue on the logo?

Any help would be much appreciated! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 7:06pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know about the color, but you might get a BMW logo image from the internet, size it so it will fit on your cake, and hand cut the letters. I don't have a very clear picture in my mind of what this logo looks like, but if the only letters are B, M and W, this shouldn't be too had to do.

Omas Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omas Cakes Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 7:31pm
post #3 of 5

AThe lettering is Arial bold. The color is a lighter shade of royal blue Americolor. And welcome! This is a great place to learn a lot from some very knowledgeable people.

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 3:24am
post #4 of 5

You could get edible prints at your Walmart or try this method: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rgkwX-uOK4c)

The logo here is using that method

missvicks05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missvicks05 Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 3:23pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by arlenej 

You could get edible prints at your Walmart or try this method: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=rgkwX-uOK4c)

The logo here is using that method

Wow thats a pretty awesome method! I'd love to try that one day. But I'm going to try it with fondant this time.

Thanks for all your input everyone! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%