Help With Transformers Cake

Decorating By chocaholikk Updated 25 Feb 2013 , 2:47pm by chocaholikk

chocaholikk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocaholikk Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:11pm
post #1 of 5

AHi. My cousin wants me to make her son a cake to look like thebone in the picture I have attatched. I think im pretty sure how to make the cake. Im unsure of the dimensions though. Would i make a 12" 10" and 8"? And how many cakes would be in each layer? Im not charging her for the cske but just as a guide how much would you charge for the full cake? And how much would u chsrgr just to make the top layer? Im new to cakes so any jelp would be greatly apprecisted. Thank you xxx [IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/2932027/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

4 replies
ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 5

8/10/12 would work but that is 118 servings...a lot to "give away." .   I would do a 6/8/10.  That is 74 servings.  If it was my "cousin" and I was charging her for the top tier...I'd probably charge her $50.   That is the family discount price...not my customer pricing.   Pricing varies from region-to-region.   I'm not sure how expensive your cakes are in the UK or what would be "expected" for that top tier. 

chocaholikk Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:42pm
post #3 of 5

AThsnk you for your helo hun. Wouldnt the 6" be too small for the head? She only wants the cake gor 40 people...

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:45pm
post #4 of 5

The 6" double will work for the head.    It will just be smaller.  Just scale everything down to be proportionate to the sizes you are using.   If she only wants to serve 40 people then you definately do not need an 8/10/12.

chocaholikk Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:47pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks hun...u saved me loads of time, effort, money and stress xxx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%