Cupcake/cake Stand

Business By Heather_bakes Updated 27 Jun 2013 , 3:02am by totallycupcake

Heather_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heather_bakes Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:37am
post #1 of 7

I want to buy a cupcake stand that I can place a small cake on top for weddings.   I want as much flexibility as I can get to use it with different sized orders.  Do you have any recommendations on what I should purchase?  Also, what do you charge for stand rental?

6 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 5:15am
post #2 of 7

You might look at some of these:

http://www.etsy.com/search_results.php?search_type=all&includes[]=tags&search_query=cupcake_stand

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cake-cupcake-stands-c-878.html

I don't rent them, so I don't know what you would charge for that.

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 5:53am
post #3 of 7

I found a design I really liked online and had one made at a local place that works with acrylic.

It worked out a lot cheaper, and I got exactly what I wanted, getting it locally made.

I only charge $25 for a 2 day rental, which means they get it for the wedding day and have someone return it to me the next day, plus a deposit to cover what it cost me to have it made.

TheSugarLab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheSugarLab Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 5:58am
post #4 of 7

For the deposit, do you just ask them to write a check and then return it to them once they return the stand to you? 

scrumdiddlycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scrumdiddlycakes Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 7:45am
post #5 of 7

I pretty muich leave it up to the customer, I will take cash, cheque or credit, and refund them the same way. It is usually by cheque though, and I've never had a problem.

jiya11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jiya11 Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 5:15pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather_bakes 

I want to buy a cupcake stand that I can place a small cake on top for weddings.   I want as much flexibility as I can get to use it with different sized orders.  Do you have any recommendations on what I should purchase?  Also, what do you charge for stand rental?

I am in the same boat..

I would like to know what size/brand should I invest in?

totallycupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
totallycupcake Posted 27 Jun 2013 , 3:02am
post #7 of 7

Have you ever considered a PVC/Plastic cupcake stand?  They have a very nice look, are reusable, and you can customize the size based on the different tiers you choose to use.  I highly recommend it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%