Store Bought Whipped Icing

Decorating By Momma_bakes Updated 25 Feb 2013 , 2:31pm by ddaigle

Momma_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momma_bakes Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 3:18pm
post #1 of 6

AI have a customer who requested whipped icing on her cake. This cake will be covered in fondant but she would like the icing underneath to be like the whipped icing on cakes from super market bakeries. My question is are there any recipes out there for this icing or is there any place I can buy this already made. Thanks.

5 replies
crustdust Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crustdust Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 3:22pm
post #2 of 6

AI have never had store bought icing but this is what I found online

Walmart's Whipped Buttercream Icing

2 cups butter

2 cups sifted powdered sugar

2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

2 large egg whites

1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

1/2 cup powdered sugar

Place butter in mixing bowl, add 2 cups powdered sugar; mix at low speed to obtain smooth paste. Whip at medium speed, adding the condensed milk until light

and fluffy.

Using a very clean bowl and beater, whip the egg whites until stiff while adding the 1/2 cup powdered sugar slowly. Mix this slowly into the above butter

mixture. Add vanilla and remaining 1/2 cup powdered sugar. This last amount of powdered sugar can be doubled if stiffer icing is desired.

Momma_bakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momma_bakes Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 1:49pm
post #3 of 6

AThanks so much

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:19pm
post #4 of 6

When you say "whipped icing"....that is not BUTTERcream.   That is more of the "coolwhip" type of icing.  Sam's sells prewhipped BETTERcream from their bakery department.   This is super yummy, but I would never, ever use it under fondant. 

hamtrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamtrina Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:29pm
post #5 of 6

Try using "Pastry Pride" it is the best whipped out there. It comes frozen like a carton of milk, just pour half at a time in your mixer and "whip" it to death-lol until it peaks..you can add flavorings, I use a flavored jello, comes out fantastic :)

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:31pm
post #6 of 6

Great idea Hamtrina.......I wish I could buy Pastry Pride here.   I hate buying and storing that gigantic tub of better cream. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%