Printable Image Sofware For Mac, Please :)

Decorating By sweetinspired Updated 24 Feb 2013 , 5:24am by hbquikcomjamesl

sweetinspired Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetinspired Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 9:55pm
post #1 of 3

hello, i just got my canon MG5320, luck's edible paper and edible ink. i want to find a not too complicated sofware that works on mac, any ideas and suggestions are welcome. thanks

:)

2 replies
thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 4:39am
post #2 of 3

What kind of software are you looking for in particular? What are you trying to do? 

hbquikcomjamesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hbquikcomjamesl Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 5:16am
post #3 of 3

Well, for simply printing an image, "Preview" works rather well for me. Although you might need to fiddle with device color profile synchronization, given that edible inks don't necessarily match conventional ones.

And if you need image editing software, I use an open source application called GIMP (GNU Image Modification Program). It has the big advantage that all it costs is the time you spend downloading it (it's both "free as in speech" and "free as in beer"). The version I have on my old G4 "bionic desk lamp" iMac at home is an old one that has to run under X11, but the much newer one I installed on my new Mac Mini at work runs natively.

(Even when using GIMP, I still print from Preview: for some reason, the old X11 version of GIMP crashes when I try to print from it; I haven't tried printing from GIMP at work.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%