In Need Of An Amaxing Chocolate Cake Recipe

Baking By AlyT Updated 24 Feb 2013 , 5:29pm by AlyT

AlyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AlyT Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 4:24pm
post #1 of 13

AHello I am making my sister wedding cake. I still have lots of time but I would like to find that perfect chocolate cake recipe. I had one but I can't seem to find it. If anyone has one from scratch that would be amazing. Thank you.

12 replies
AlyT Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 4:25pm
post #2 of 13

ASorry about the spelling in the title. My youngest is trying to help me type.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 4:41pm
post #3 of 13

Ingredients

• 2 cups of flour 2 cups of sugar 3/4 cup of cocoa 2 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. of salt 2 large eggs 1 cup of buttermilk 1 cup of vegetable oil 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract 1 cup of boiling water

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees (This is a slow bake cake) 2. Lightly grease and flou you pan (9 x 13 in.) 3. Place all the dry ingediants (except for cocoa) into a large bowl and combine. 4. Then add the eggs, buttermilk, vegetable oil to the dry ingrediants. 5. Add the cocoa and the vanilla extract to the boiling water and add the mixture. 6. Mix everything together at medium speed until everything is combined. 7. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour.

This is my go to recipe and most requested.  I usually add a dash of cinnamon and usually never use buttermilk unless I have it on hand.

It's really good and I got it off of CC. icon_biggrin.gif

AlyT Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:08pm
post #4 of 13

AAwesome! I wilk have to try thing one out! Sounds close to a spelt cake I make which is amazing!

SoAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SoAZ Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:11pm
post #5 of 13

AAlyT, try Paula Deen's chocolate mousse cake. It's my go-to recipe every time I need a chocolate cake. The mousse is wonderful and I make it by itself and fill chocolate cups...I believe you could even make a chocolate mousse pie out of it. The chocolate fudge frosting is to die for...and one I use separate from this cake quite often. The frosting has to sit and get cold before it sets up. To speed setting, I often put the bowl in the fridge for about 20 minutes.

http://www.food.com/recipe/6-layer-dreamy-chocolate-mousse-cake-paula-deen-376839

AlyT Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 13

AI will have to try this one too! Sounds yummy! The more the marrier!

AlyT Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:23pm
post #7 of 13

ASoAZ sadly that one won't work for my sister but I still will test it out for other things. My sister refusing to have coffee flavoring I tried to convince her to have a mocha truffle cake. Lol.

savannahquinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
savannahquinn Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 13

Ooo that Chocolate mousse one sounds good! I'm going to try it too!

SoAZ Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:41pm
post #9 of 13

AAlyT, since you still have time, why not try it and see? I don't taste the coffee at all...just the chocolate. I think the coffee enhances the chocolate, not overpowers it. But best of luck finding the right recipe!! It's good you're looking early. There are so many to chose from here!!

SoAZ Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:43pm
post #10 of 13

AAlyT, you know, you could just use a less strong cup of coffee...it's the moisture you need and again, with a less strong cup, the chocolate will shine through without the coffee flavor (though again I don't taste the coffee at all).

AlyT Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 6:50pm
post #11 of 13

AHmmm ya I think they taste way better with coffee too. I think I will do a bunch of tester cakes for her. Thanks for the help! I wanted to do ganache for filling yum!

Izzy Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Izzy Sweet Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 7:05pm
post #12 of 13

I use the recipe from the Hersey site. It is the chocolate sour cream and it is so moist and yummy.

AlyT Posted 24 Feb 2013 , 5:29pm
post #13 of 13

AOh yummy thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%