Trophies For Helpful Oldies :)

Lounge By Crazy-Gray Updated 25 Feb 2013 , 3:41pm by practicemakesperfect

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 11:40pm
post #1 of 16

Ok so lately there's been some severe dishing of oldies, I for one would like instead to start a thread to thank those who have taken the time to help us!

tonight I am awarding four trophies to those who have given my questions a lot of their time;

(rules- no boos or heckles!)

15 replies
tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 12:04am
post #2 of 16

Yes! Yes! To all of those! They are so helpful and one day I hope to give back as much as they do. I'm pretty much on the recieving end of all their knowledge.

I'd add:

Apti

costumeczar

jgifford

AZcouture

Blakecakes

FromScratchSF

I'm sure there's more, I'll add as I think of them

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 12:54am
post #3 of 16

ATotally agree with this! So many amazingly helpful people here :)

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 1:04am
post #4 of 16

I agree with all of the above and I will add:

Indy_Debi and Carmijok and AnnieCahill

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 1:34am
post #5 of 16

and Annabakescakes.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 2:11am
post #6 of 16

AWoo HOO! I same my name in the preview and thought I had been bad again!

"They like me! They really like me!"

I had never touched fondant and my icing was all crisco when I started here. I have learned so very much from so many! Blakescakes was a huge help to me, and tonEdna, KoryAK, bluehue, spc1277 (?), mrsMudrash, and so so many more that are now gone and forgotten. I see their names when an old thread comes back to the surface and remember them. And so our time too, shall pass. :*-(

;-D

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 2:32am
post #7 of 16

Wow! Really??  *sniff*  That's so sweet.  Like so many others, I've received much more help than I've given.  Thank you.

And Crazy-Gray Guy, I couldn't agree with you more!

cakeyouverymuch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeyouverymuch Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 3:31am
post #8 of 16

I agree with every name you all have listed so far.  I seldom ask a question, but I've learned an amazing amount of cake lore from every name on that list by reading the answers you've given to others.

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 3:42am
post #9 of 16

Great idea Crazy.  Thumbs up to everyone who helps.  Just as well it's the thought that counts cos if the trophies were gold we'd all be broke with all the help people on this site supply. 

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 6:12am
post #10 of 16

Wow! A thread 100% dedicated to kissing up?! Awesome! Where has the Lounge been all my CC-life? icon_twisted.gif Well a royal peck to the tush for all the folks listed above. Hehehe. 

On a serious note, there are so many helpful oldies and I am afraid to make a list because I would invariably forget someone. So for all the helpful oldies and not-so-oldies THANK YOU SO MUCH. Y'all make this place an awesome place to learn. My caking journey is so much better because of your contributions. 

*Now excuse me while I go wipe this brown stuff off my face*

Crazy-Gray Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 9:22am
post #11 of 16

Aha ha aha hahahaha vgcea icon_smile.gif you get your own special trophy, I will photoshop it for you now............ watch this space............

Crazy-Gray Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 11:36am
post #12 of 16

Ba-ba-ba-baaaaaa (hope that's read as an introductory trumpet and not a stuck sheep)

And the award for cheekiest monkey goes toooooooooo.............

(we couldn't decide on expression so you get both and can display either depending on how you feel that day - plus we took the liberty of engraving a new signature for you he he he)

Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 11:37am
post #13 of 16

Me???  icon_redface.gif

Wow....  I'm a huge fan of your work, so I am very honoured.

Shall now get on with what I'm supposed to be doing (got a fruit cake to bake for a wedding!) with a skip in my step and a smile on my face!!!!

Thank you!

:D

Suzanne x

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 2:39pm
post #14 of 16

AHahahaha! I love them both! Thanks Crazy-Gray.

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 3:02pm
post #15 of 16

What a wonderful forum to start.  I've only been on CC for about 2-1/2 years, but I, too, remember a lot of those names that you don't see any more, or see them seldom.  A few are still around, and I always gravitate to their comments when they post.  I've learned so much from this site and all the helpful cakers here.  Can't say thanks enough to all those who have offered advice, shared techniques and recipes, and have been so willing to give up some of their busy and precious time to help those of us who needed it.  They are the backbone of (along with those who started and continue to run) this site.  High fives to all of you!

practicemakesperfect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
practicemakesperfect Posted 25 Feb 2013 , 3:41pm
post #16 of 16

I too would like to add my huge huge thank you too all those who have so freely shared of their time and knoweledge.  I don't post often, but always read read read so I can learn more.  Always grateful, Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%