What Is This Technique Called?

Decorating By Leahmaria7981 Updated 22 Feb 2013 , 2:46pm by Kima920

Leahmaria7981 Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 4:15am
post #1 of 6

What is the technique called that's on the third tier and does anyone know the easiest way to do this?



5 replies
enga Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 5:50am
post #2 of 6

It is called pleating with fondant, if you goggle it you will find a lot of different techniques and tutorials :)

Godot Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 6:37am
post #3 of 6

Ogh. I had someone come with that exact sam pic and want a cake like that.


I think that cake is so butt-ugly, but I did a similar one and they were happy.

Leahmaria7981 Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 6:54am
post #4 of 6

I almost started kicking myself for taking it. To me its a pretty easy cake, but that 4th tier scares me. Did you do it just like the pic? I posted earlier asking about structure. if you did it like the pic, how did you stabilize the 4th tier? With the one I am making, the bottom is styrofoam, so I am thinking it would give more support for dowels. 

Brettley Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 8:32am
post #5 of 6

It looks like it is just has a stryofoam wedge inserted there to make it "topsy" and has flowers around it to hide the styrofoam. If it were me, that is what I would do.

Kima920 Posted 22 Feb 2013 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 6

That is what it is.. a styrofoam wedge underneath the cake. I have seen it done on other cakes before.. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%