Fondarific Too Stretchy

Decorating By Pearl645 Updated 21 Feb 2013 , 7:10pm by SystemMod1

Pearl645 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl645 Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 5:30pm
post #1 of 2

Hi all,

I bought Fondarific fondant over the Christmas because I saw some good reviews on it and I'm going through a list of new brands after Satin Ice problems drying hard and cracking in my heat.

I used Fondarific for my Valentine's Day cookies and sadly they messed up all my orders. I had no idea the fondant was so stretchy till I tried to pick it up and it lost shape badly. I had warped hearts. Everything was warped after trying to pick up. Was really embarrassing. I didn't think of putting Tylose powder in it at the time, not sure why but I wish I had.

Anyone uses Fondarific and got around this problem? I have a large tub in each of their colours. Feel I made a mistake. It was cheaper to buy wholesale than individual tubs. I really should have asked for a sample :( womp womp. Not too impressed with the flavour either. I could taste a slight bitter underlying taste in the red and pink fondant. Learning a hard and expensive lesson here.

I did like that the fondant doesn't dry out and there is no elephant skin though.

1 reply
SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%