How To Use This Mold ?

Decorating By wafawafa Updated 21 Feb 2013 , 4:30pm by JWinslow

wafawafa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wafawafa Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 7:18am
post #1 of 6

Hello CC,

I have bought thi mould long time ago , I though it can be used easily , but its not , I tried gumpast, sugar cast , isomalt and still cant get the result

would any one tell me how this is work  , the brand is decorelief , all the tips are appreciated , here the pic of the mould :

thanks in advance

5 replies
JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 7:33am
post #2 of 6

This is  morning glory mold.  I have one - different brand.  They can be very tricky.  Your gum paste should be nice and pliable.  Roll it out and lay the paste over the pointed end.  let it sit for a minute so it relaxes on the mold.  You have to be gentle when placing and pushing the two pieces together. 

When I first started using it, I left the middle of the gum paste a little thicker until I got the hang of it.  I find Nickolas Lodge and Platinum Paste work best. 

Here's a pic - still in progress:

Hope this helps,

Jeanne

wafawafa Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 7:48am
post #3 of 6

ADo u dust the parts with corn flour so gp doesnt stick to it ?

And how can use that with isomalt ? The same way as gp ?

Ur pic us sooooo nice , hope i can acheive that

JWinslow Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 7:58am
post #4 of 6

I use corn starch on both pieces (sorry , forgot to add that) and then I tap the deep one so I don't lose the detail.  I can't tell you about Isomalt - no experience there.

I will tell you that mine sat in my box for a long time.  One night I just played with it until I made it work without the bottom of the flower tearing.  You can do this - MIND over MOLD :)

Jeanne

wafawafa Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 10:39am
post #5 of 6

thanks alot dear , I will try that tonight

yep , this mold styed in my box for more than year with no usage

thannnnks again

JWinslow Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 6

You're so welcome.  It's a pretty neat mold.  I also suggest that you have your center with  stamens ready to go.  Please let me know how you made out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%