Licensing Requirements In Ohio?

Business By cupcakes2013 Updated 21 Feb 2013 , 2:28am by AAtKT

cupcakes2013 Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 4



I am looking to move my home based cupcake business to a small space available at my local library. I cant seem to find the needed info on what licenses or permits I might need. I think I might need a vendors license within the county I am in, but not sure. Could someone please lead me in the right direction? I will truly appreciate the help.



3 replies
AAtKT Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 10:34pm
post #2 of 4

Here is the link to the Ohio department of agriculture website...


I think you may need to check with the local health department for you as well... 


These are all the other links I know of as well...



Hopefully some of them may help you...

cupcakes2013 Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 1:04am
post #3 of 4

Thanks for the info. 


Im not sure if these same rules apply to baking outside of a home? I'm planning on baking at the kitchen I will be renting out. Please let me know if you have any other info.



AAtKT Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 2:28am
post #4 of 4

You wouldn't fall under the cottage food law if it isn't out of your home... You may have to get the kitchen inspected and such and all the regular bakery type requirements... 


Call your local health department... or email the ohio department of agriculture...


I emailed them a year or so ago with a question I had and they responded in a day or so...

Quote by @%username% on %date%