Looking For A Photo Someone Posted..horizontal Fondant Strips

Decorating By bittersweety Updated 19 Feb 2013 , 3:52pm by bittersweety

bittersweety Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 3:19pm
post #1 of 2


ok, so this is a super long shot, but i'm looking for a photo that was posted in a thread by someone who was looking for advice on how to adhere these unevenly cut horizontal fondant strips around the tiers of a wedding cake...i think maybe she was making the cake for a friend? they weren't ruffled strips, they were just cut skinnier at one end and then thicker at the opposite end and then wrapped around, like you would for ruffles except they were just kept flat against the cake, with the little sharp edges totally exposed from where on strip ended and the next began.


i really liked the look of that cake and i should have saved the photo but didn't and now i think it would workl great for a wedding cake i am designing for a couple.  i'm having a hard time describing it though and i'd love to get my hands on this photo... anyone know what i'm talking about???:)

1 reply
bittersweety Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 3:52pm
post #2 of 2

nevermind! i found it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%