True Price The Cake, As It Was Intended!

Business By Annabakescakes Updated 19 Feb 2013 , 8:18pm by Suuske

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 6:53am
post #1 of 37

To get back in the spirit of things let's do this cake, since it is a real hypothetical as I don't think any of us have or will have a request for this cake!

Assuming it is a 24, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11 then a whole buttload (that is a measurement, right?) of rice crispie treats for the hips and bodice and head, and arms with pvc pipe skeleton extending to the arms.

Client provided real satin gloves, silk flowers, veil, Red Rick Rack!?!?!?! and bling.

I have 560 servings of cake, super simple buttercream design, $3.20 a serving for $1,820.

Then the bodice, head and arms, estimating 20 boxes of rice cereal treats and all that labor and modeling chocolate and sculpting, and such, with "Dear God, this is ugly, what did I get myself into?" fee, I would say another $2,000, for a total of $3,820.

I think I would also charge another $300 to move it, and put together on site, in addition to my $1 mile round trip fee.

36 replies
kikiandkyle Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:05am
post #2 of 37

I'm pretty certain a PITA fee would apply too. 

Chellescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:10am
post #3 of 37

I would be thinking a " does my bum look big as this ? " Fee would apply too. 

I am just going to Say $10, 000 and be done with it . That includes the I don't really want to do this cake fee , Bridezilla Fee ( you know she is going to be one) , and the I am going to have my name attached to it forever fee. 

vgcea Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:21am
post #4 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellescakes 

I am just going to Say $10, 000 and be done with it . That includes the I don't really want to do this cake fee , Bridezilla Fee ( you know she is going to be one) , and the I am going to have my name attached to it forever fee. 

This ^^ No way in hades. Just no way.

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:26am
post #5 of 37
Quote:

I agree with all the fees, but don't forget the MASSIVE bosom!

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:28am
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

This ^^ No way in hades. Just no way.

Pretend it was the last cake on earth, and you had kids to feed ;-)

vgcea Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 7:44am
post #7 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

Pretend it was the last cake on earth, and you had kids to feed ;-)

Ugh!

For the cake part alone: $2240

For that effigy on top, another $2000

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 8:00am
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea 

Ugh!

For the cake part alone: $2240

For that effigy on top, another $2000

That's the spirit! lmao!

Chellescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 8:53am
post #9 of 37

I just can't believe that someone actually made this cake , let alone someone wanting it . Tackois darling Tackois. ( For those wondering Pronounced Tack- Wah )icon_biggrin.gif

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 8:58am
post #10 of 37
Quote:

I just can't believe that someone actually made this cake , let alone someone wanting it . Tackois darling Tackois. ( For those wondering Pronounced Tack- Wah )icon_biggrin.gif

Yes, but if you HAD to do it, what would you charge? icon_biggrin.gif

Chellescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 9:15am
post #11 of 37

Ten Grand , I still stand by my original quote.   

This thread has kept me here for a bit , I should be tidying and organising  my new cakeroom. icon_rolleyes.gif

AnnieCahill Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 11:51am
post #12 of 37

If I had to do it, 15K, plus, there would be a "you're a totally arrogant tool" fee.  I mean, you have to be a total bridezilla to want yourself sculpted out of cake.  And I saw that original picture with the bride and groom.  She does look like a B.

cazza1 Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 12:21pm
post #13 of 37

Gosh you are picking on this cake!!!!!  What about the red rick rack??????????????????? Was it supposed to match anything?

kikiandkyle Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 1:00pm
post #14 of 37

Wasn't this cake actually on Bridezillas?

Koccy Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 1:16pm
post #15 of 37

I think I would charge sooooo much to be sure that the bride will ask someone else!!! ahahahaahahhahaah

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 1:26pm
post #16 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

Gosh you are picking on this cake!!!!!  What about the red rick rack??????????????????? Was it supposed to match anything?

That's what I'm screaming! 

tdovewings Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 1:37pm
post #17 of 37

LOL, I would certainly give a huge $$$$ for a quote so they would go somewhere else. I don't have an oven big enough for the bottom tiers, so I would have to find a kitchen. So yes $15K it is.

AZCouture Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 2:45pm
post #18 of 37

AProbably about ten grand as well, knowing full well I'd lose out to an undercutter for $500.

bittersweety Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 2:47pm
post #19 of 37

uuuuuuhhhhhh.................$15,000.  I would never do this cake. Too much potential for disaster, ie. problems with transportation, assembly, the couple being mad because it doesn't look exactly like the bride.....

I mean, I don't know about you all, but i'd refuse to eat my own face unless it was absolutely flawless...

Kima920 Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 3:01pm
post #20 of 37

@AZ Couture..so true! I would never ever do a cake like this but if I am pricing.. I would charge around 10K too though I don't have an oven big enough to fit those big bottom tiers in either.. I've seen this cake around the internet for quite some time now and I don't understand why she would want a copy of herself in cake let alone how ugly the cake is and that RICK RACK! I JUST CAN'T with this cake!!!! It probably would be a bridezilla to order a cake like this!

Suuske Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 3:09pm
post #21 of 37

I think I saw that cake on Cake Wrecks somewhere icon_lol.gif

I wonder though what went through her head when she commissioned that cake. Why would you want your image to be reflected in your weddingcake? WHY?? And a life size version at that!!!

I too saw the picture of the bride and groom and she did not look too happy to be honest ... (neither did her husband by the way, but there may a whole different reason for that icon_twisted.gif...)

vgcea Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 3:32pm
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kima920 

@AZ Couture..so true! I would never ever do a cake like this but if I am pricing.. I would charge around 10K too though I don't have an oven big enough to fit those big bottom tiers in either.. I've seen this cake around the internet for quite some time now and I don't understand why she would want a copy of herself in cake let alone how ugly the cake is and that RICK RACK! I JUST CAN'T with this cake!!!! It probably would be a bridezilla to order a cake like this!

I hear you! I hear you!!! LOL. These posts are cracking me up!

debm1 Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 3:43pm
post #23 of 37

This is one time I subscribe to a post just for the sheer fun of it! However, I am working on a cake idea that would replicate the bride and groom in a very classy way... a tad differently than this. LOL.

Crazy-Gray Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 4:20pm
post #24 of 37

Clearly the customer who actually bought this declined the 'skinifying artistic licence' fee and the 'add a smile' fee!!! jees all that work and not even a smile!! lol

I honestly have no idea for price, probably around 5k

kimmisue2009 Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 4:54pm
post #25 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by bittersweety 

I mean, I don't know about you all, but i'd refuse to eat my own face unless it was absolutely flawless...

My new quote, to be used anywhere I can fit it in, and totally out of context.  I love this place.

scrumdiddlycakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 4:59pm
post #26 of 37

I can never get past the rick rack on that ridiculous cake. I actually got angry the first time I noticed it, haha, I have always wondered if the bride or the baker was responsible.

Going with your estimates on servings/ingredients, I would do a broad estimate of $4500-$5000. Possibly an extra grand for the therapy the rick rack has caused :)

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 6:33pm
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture 

Probably about ten grand as well, knowing full well I'd lose out to an undercutter for $500.

Just the rice cereal alone would cost $200, and the cake at least $600, Icing another $500....Actually, I just talked my self up to $6000.

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 6:40pm
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kima920 

They do have half pans, where it is just half a circle. I have an 18" half pan, from when I was baking in a small oven. Now I have a HUGE oven, and have never needed a bigger pan than 16, lol..

And I kNOW with the rick rack!

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 6:42pm
post #29 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy-Gray 

Clearly the customer who actually bought this declined the 'skinifying artistic licence' fee and the 'add a smile' fee!!! jees all that work and not even a smile!! lol

I honestly have no idea for price, probably around 5k

LOL!!! I know, right? Plus, the "pull the shoulders up out of the breasts" fee, and the "make the head less giant" fee ;-)

Annabakescakes Posted 19 Feb 2013 , 6:47pm
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuske 

I think I saw that cake on Cake Wrecks somewhere icon_lol.gif

I wonder though what went through her head when she commissioned that cake. Why would you want your image to be reflected in your weddingcake? WHY?? And a life size version at that!!!

I too saw the picture of the bride and groom and she did not look too happy to be honest ... (neither did her husband by the way, but there may a whole different reason for that icon_twisted.gif...)

Every time I see the two of them with this cake, I wonder why they are mad. Because, surely they knew something could go wrong when commissioning a larger-than-life size cake, right?  And I wonder if the guy is one of those indulgent types that likes getting run down, or if he is like WTH?

I read some story that the bride always wanted a life size doll, so she had it made as a wedding cake, but I am not sure how the one transitions to the other icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%