jiya11 Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 9:36pm
post #1 of

I need a little help here. I have been researching but going in circles and not getting anywhere. I will make a pit stop at the DMV Tuesday to find out more but in the meanwhile, any pointers would be helpful.


I know Florida has a cottage Food Law. Before I start selling my cakes, I want to be licensed (Food Handling Permit?). And do I want my kitchen to be licensed too? I guess that should be a bare minimium if I understand. What else would I need?


I am only looking into cakes every now and then..(if i get any orders, that is) Maybe, a cakes a week, max.. 


Could you guide me to the right direction?




P.S. So far, just been doing it for family and friends..would like to advertise now..

2 replies
jiya11 Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 4:56pm
post #2 of


BakingIrene Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 8:19pm
post #3 of

Please, use google.


Go to google.com and type in "florida cottage food regulation" and in the first 10 links, there should be one to the exact requirements.

Quote by @%username% on %date%