Shipping Sugar Cookies

Baking By keystone Updated 18 Feb 2013 , 10:14am by keystone

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 3:10pm
post #1 of 4

What is the best way to ship sugar cookies?  Any boxes that you recommend?  I have a niece that i usually send cakeballs and oreos but I would like to send her some sugar cookies... I would like them to arrive in one piece not crumbs.  Do you use the postal service or Fed Ex, UPS?

Thanks.

Linda

3 replies
Graceann82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Graceann82 Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 4:13pm
post #2 of 4

AMy best advice is pack the box tightly! Make sure there is not a ton of empty space for the cookies to shake around in, I also wrapped mine in bubble wrap.

mariel9898 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariel9898 Posted 17 Feb 2013 , 6:44pm
post #3 of 4

I send decorated Christmas cookies out all the time (see my avatar). I pick out a sturdy box or ziplock type container (the straight ones), line the bottom with non stick foil. I arrange the cookies so they are packed in fairly tightly. I usually have different shapes so it's like putting together a jigsaw puzzle. I try to leave space as possible between cookies. I put another piece of non stick foil (non stick side down so any sprinkles, sugar, etc doesn't com off) and keep layering, I wrap the whole thing in bubble wrap or scrap paper. Then it goes into a bigger box with whatever packing materials are around (usually there is plenty at my house after Christmas!) such as bubble wrap, those large air bubbles (thank you Amazon) packing peanuts, etc. I mail out priority mail. In all the years I've been doing this my relatives always wonder how I pack them so well they arrive with no broken ones.

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 18 Feb 2013 , 10:14am
post #4 of 4

Thanks so much!  Going to send my niece some when she returns from vacation.. fingers crossed!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%