What To Cover With, Choc Ganache?

Decorating By akhanmayo Updated 16 Feb 2013 , 4:38am by Katrina Bell

akhanmayo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akhanmayo Posted 15 Feb 2013 , 9:07pm
post #1 of 3

Im planning to make my daughters First birthday cake.

My husband suggested making a lemon cake, with some lemon curd lurking around, so im hoping to make a lemon sponge cake, filled with buttercream and lemon curd together.

Now the big problem is that, im not making this cake at home, i.e. my daughters birthday is 5 weeks from now, and will be at her grandparents house, im going to bake the cake at home, make the lemon curd at home, pack it with me get to their house, freeze it for 3 weeks and then take it out a day before and decorate.

1) is it possible to make the whole cake , i.e. fill it with lemon curd buttercream give it a crumb coating of buttercream and freeze it for 3 weeks?

2) i dont intend to cover the cake with buttercream, too rich for the grandparents, hence thinking of using white chocolate ganache, can someone please advise me that if i can use this to cover my cake with, and then can i add my little flat 2-d shapes made from sugarpaste onto the sides of the cake?

2 replies
ashleabrowncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashleabrowncake Posted 15 Feb 2013 , 9:36pm
post #2 of 3

Anot sure about the freezing, but you can use the ganache to cover the cake, and the sugarpaste will stick to it with just a little water

Katrina Bell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katrina Bell Posted 16 Feb 2013 , 4:38am
post #3 of 3

Ahmm i would probaly think that if you frooze it with the buttercream,once ir was thawed out it might go wet maybe,you could always try a dummy practice run with a cupcake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%