Cake Pop Question

Baking By smile22 Updated 12 Feb 2013 , 3:25am by Sassyzan

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 12:50pm
post #1 of 7

so i make cake pops i have what are called the bake pop pans you take a box of cake mix with pudding in the mix and make according to directions and pour into pans 18 min later and they are done or you can use your own cake recipe to make the pops. does anyone use the bake pop pans. i need to make pops for my friends daughters 1 year old birthday party and i want they to be supper moist like the ones that are made from hand. i know sometimes they come out dry from the pans but i am hoping there is a  way to get the moist but not fall apart on me i do want to invest in the cake pop roller at some point but right now my at home business is slow that i dont have the orders coming in every month for the cake pop roller to pay off

6 replies
jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 10:23pm
post #2 of 7

I dont think it will be possible to make them as moist as the ones made by hand, because those have frosting mixed in with the cake.  That's what gives it it's moistness.

You could try maybe brushing them with sugar syrup though?  I'm not sure if that would prevent them from coating properly when you dip them in chocolate, but its worth a shot.

jennicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennicake Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 10:25pm
post #3 of 7

Oh and you honestly don't need the cake pop roller.  I use a small cookie scoop so that I get uniform sizes.  Just scoop a bunch of balls, put on a cookie sheet... then go back and roll each one afterwards.  Takes me about 25 minutes to roll 50ish cake balls this way.

doramoreno62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doramoreno62 Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 10:51pm
post #4 of 7

Jennicake I do the  same thing. I personally think the roller is a waste of money. I've read that some people will re roll the ball by hand once it comes out of the roller. What's the point then?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 11:02pm
post #5 of 7

AI use the pan, and I hate the soggy cake pops. Maybe you can brush them with simple syrup, you could flavor it, like vanilla or chocolate or fruits or coffee.

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 1:34am
post #6 of 7

I got a Baby Pop baker for Christmas and I'm not thrilled with it.  The pops don't come out round and they're smaller than the ones I roll by hand. They're also not as moist, but they're not dry because I have good recipes.  It doesn't take that long to roll them so that's what I do unless I have to make a lot in a short period of time.

As far as soggy pops go, I add anything BUT frosting to my cake to make pops:  Torani syrup, chocolate syrup, jam/jelly or even pudding, and just enough to make them hold their shape.  My chocolate kahlua pops are to die for. But the ones I like best are the ones that will stick together without anything added.

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 12 Feb 2013 , 3:25am
post #7 of 7

AHow about injecting them with filling? That would keep them moist from the inside.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%