Using A Mat.

Decorating By Alimoore Updated 11 Feb 2013 , 4:42pm by Alimoore

Alimoore Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 6:31am
post #1 of 5

Im wanting to get a mat to roll out mmf on but have no idea where to get one or whats a good brand. I want a big one. if yall could help that would be great!

4 replies
kyliecake Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 8:04am
post #2 of 5


I recommend "the Mat".  I got the biggest one and find it great for rolling out fondant. I love that it has measurements on it and you can move your fondant all around. If you don't want to spend that much ($45AUS), then I would recommend just buying a piece of the clear plastic table cloth that people use to cover their tables.  You buy it from haberdashery stores (spotlight in Australia).  I still use this to cover my bench when I am using cutters or rolling out a small piece.

Good luck.

cazza1 Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 12:39pm
post #3 of 5

Hi and Welcome.  I also use and love 'The Mat'  from Sugarwise, however I have never used it with mmf only ordinary fondant.  If you go to You Tube you can see it in action.  It comes in several sizes, including large and most cake decorating supply shops would have it, I suspect, otherwise you can order it on line.

Izzy Sweet Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 1:21pm
post #4 of 5

I just ordered The Mat ...At you can get them for a good price.

Alimoore Posted 11 Feb 2013 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 5

AOkay thanks :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%